Hey all

Home Forums Members’ bikes Hey all

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    BigBen
    Participant

update: nothing has happened with the kwak so far. need to get me a bloody job first.
    exhausts might not be getting slug under the seat..might just try get it back on the road first…if i decide to find some money i might give it a go but not on my list for summer.
    need to repair my fairing kit:(

Radar

Any luck job hunting?

BigBen
    Participant

haha its a right joke trying to get a job at xmas..you would expect there to be millions of jobs going but there really isnt.
    i cnt travel far and most shops near me have gotten everyone they need for xmas…but i found a job in the sorting office at a post office so im going to ring direct for that.
    ridiculous behaviour really

BigBen
    Participant

bit of an update on the kwak if anyones interested, ive been locked in my garage for a couple of days just piddling around..i had this crazy idea about gutting the insides out of my standard exhaust to see what itd be like…and its effing awesome!!no joke it sounds exactly like my akrapovic…so next thing is i might actually sell the Akra off it and just use the standard, yeh it doesnt look as good and its got a few scrapes but who cares..anyways did anyone catch the police program on channel one on monday the 5th?? was on around 9pm, it had in the opening scene about bikers the bike cafe i go to…hehe famous:))

BigBen
    Participant

1) Notice the lack of baffle :))
    ex1.jpg

2) Had an accident with the port so cut it off.
    ex2.jpg

3) had a broken carbon sleeve, so i made it into a “shorty” instead. cable tied it to get a straight line.
    ex3.jpg

4) removed the broken half of the sleeve with a dremel–brilliant tools:))
    ex4.jpg

5) Marked out and shortened the insides.
    ex5.jpg

6) Marked and shortened the wadding.
    ex6.jpg

7) nearly finished, just need to rivett it all together, finished picture to follow!
    ex7.jpg

8) the state of the kawasaki :(
    kwakbroke.jpg

enjoy

Radar

Good stuff!

BigBen
    Participant

Finished product!!
    STA71227.jpg

Could it be any more straight through!? ;p
    STA71229.jpg

best thing is, it cost me absolutly nothing to build.

BigBen
    Participant

:s im confused, it says my last post was edited by TT07 but theres no difference:S have we had an accident somewhere?

Radar

Probably just to make the pictures visible

md24v4
    Participant

that shorty can sounds bloody awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously guys its cracking!

BigBen
    Participant

haha thanks radar, i was pondering it for a while last night and i just realised so i came online to try and beat someone too it..i feel stoopid now:))
    ahh well
    and he tells no lies, i might even upload a video for you all to see/hear

katana
    Participant

Shorty looks the dogs Ben.

I’ve got one to put onto the Blade (after its MOT). I’ll post a clip when i’ve fitted it.

BigBen
    Participant

Cheers Kat, its suprising how easy it is to build an exhaust, i like the (after its MOT). hehe and i thought a shorty exhaust would pass:))
    good stuff, im working on a video at the moment. but dont want to shoot it before ive got the can mounted properly.. if i can afford it the shorty is going under the seat. itll look best there

TT07
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Radar

Probably just to make the pictures visible

Yep thats all the edit was, guess you chose ‘insert hyperlink’ as against ‘insert image’ so you images now appear in the post as against a link to their location elseware on the internet!

BigBen
    Participant

what:S
    i have no idea how to add my own pics unless i upload them onto photobucket and put the link in, is it easy? dont wana pee anyone off by keeping on posting links :P

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.