Hey all

Home Forums Members’ bikes Hey all

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    BigBen
    Participant

hahahaha nice one kat.. i didnt realise what u wer on about the mains for..haha:P

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Ben, I’ve tried to keep clear of the ‘biker babe’ thing. It’s not warmly received by the girl bikers which then leads to requests for a ‘biker bloke’ section. And I’m not going topless for anyone…..

One bigger reason is that eventually the search engines downgrade you for potentially unsuitable content (flesh pictures and inevitable lude comments) and I don’t want that. As Katana says, create your own “Benji’s Biker Babes Blog” and I’ll gladly link to it!

As for the pipe, it looks very good, do you need to mod the suspension so it won’t hit the tyre?

BigBen
    Participant

ive replied to your message in the other bit, just to mention..
    and the rear hugger is quite close to it, but the suspension is stiff, as to a proper answer i have no idea. im losing patience with the whole thing. i have no money, no one will give me a job, its not going to be ready for spring, probably wont be ready for next winter, might just sling it all in the bin

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by benji_zx10r

ive replied to your message in the other bit, just to mention..
    and the rear hugger is quite close to it, but the suspension is stiff, as to a proper answer i have no idea. im losing patience with the whole thing. i have no money, no one will give me a job, its not going to be ready for spring, probably wont be ready for next winter, might just sling it all in the bin

Stick with it bud, you will come out the other side

BigBen
    Participant

STA71357.jpg

STA71362.jpg

STA71365.jpg

STA71378.jpg

STA71374.jpg

STA71377.jpg

STA71305.jpg

STA71290.jpg

this is basically all ive done as i have no parts.
    just to mention MD24V4 has sprayed up a section of my fairing for approval and we should be going ahead with a full spray as soon as i can afford it..but you will have to wait and see what its like when the full bike is done.

katana
    Participant

It looking good mate, that can looks the dogs – I’d leave the fairing off anyway

BigBen
    Participant

cheers, i have another exhaust on the cards for this bike too..im not going to give anything away right now, for it will spoil the suprise…but this one is going to take some designing:))
    i would leave the fairings off, however id have to buy and mount some indicators as they are flush mount units as standard, and the headlight cowls have to be on or someone could walk past and unbolt my headlight and the screen brace has to be on as i need a screen, so by the time all that is put on i may aswell just stick the 2 extra panels on and the bellypan:)) i have thought about it alot though..its the best looking bike ive seen naked. *thumbs up*

BigBen
    Participant

STA71591.jpg
    professionally clamped :P
    STA71593.jpg
    port cut off, professionally:))
    STA71672.jpg
    the finished thing,waiting for the high temp gasket to go off.
    STA71670.jpg
    and there it is.im making an exhaust clamp aswell, cost up ’til now £0.00

Radar

Good to see it progressing bud, keep the updates coming…

BigBen
    Participant

i shall dont worry about that. the first full bit of fairing is getting sprayed tomorrow…and i got a new quote for my insurance and im saving £200 so smiles all round so far.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Nice handiwork Ben

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by benji_zx10r

i shall dont worry about that. the first full bit of fairing is getting sprayed tomorrow…and i got a new quote for my insurance and im saving £200 so smiles all round so far.

How did the fairing spraying go??

BigBen
    Participant

not too bad radar, only one piece done so far but it looks bloody amazing!! i spent 7 hours in the garage today, rear hugger is on, back wheel is in, chain is on, and set up, all the steel bits tht rusted have been stripped and polished, i even went as far as making an exhaust hanger from a flat piece of ally…pics to follow..need to paint it first though cos it looks naff at the mo..a also drilled the fairings to accept the quick release fasteners and drilled big holes in them for the crash protectors. :))

BigBen
    Participant

STA71677.jpg

STA71673.jpg

STA71676.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shLw8Z6MAJE
    i finally got a vid of the exhaust..get those speakers cranked up!!
    let me know what you think:)

Radar

That sounds properly meaty! We will have to get you out with Kat on his Blade and Thumper on his Firestorm…that will be seriously loud!!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.