Hey all

Home Forums Members’ bikes Hey all

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    BigBen
    Participant

hi, im new to this forum lark, just thought i would introduce myself.
    im Benji from North Yorkshire, and im 20. i ride a GSF600 bandit and a ZX10R.
    thanks for having me and happy riding

HippoDrones
    Participant

hiya :)

TT07
    Participant

Welcome to The Bike Forum benji, thanks for joining us.

Best place to start to get a feel for the site is:

https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/great-posts-pics-across-the-site-part-2/

If you like, you could get your posting started by giving us all an insight into your biking history[:D]

BigBen
    Participant

thanks for having me here!!
    well theres not alot to tell im only 20, ive been riding since i was 16.
    riding all year round.

my first bike was a Derbi Senda 50cc crosser.i had that for about 6 months then i got T-boned by a woman so that was the end of that bike, or so we thought.the insurance company wrote it off, paid me and gave the bike back aswell..so it went back on the road with a bent frame.

next bike was a cheap chinese 125cc crosser…didnt crash that one although i often thought it should have been..’nuff said about that.

passed my full test at 18 and bought a 1997 CBR600F…dispite what people may think, even though its heavy and not majorly quick its still a fantastic bike. i would deffinitly buy one again…unfortunatly mine set on fire on the commute to work so i sold that one sharpish…to my sister:) hah..still laughing about that now

current bike, 1998 GSF600 bandit. not a very good bike, then it got restricted….then it was an appauling bike..wouldnt do over 85 til i found a big hill, and then i got 95 out of it.it has quite a few mods but its for sale to make way for the last bike in my list of waffle.

i have to wait another month to be able to ride this because of the law, im sure you guys are familiar with the 33 bhp thingy?
    anyways i bought a 2005 ZX10R from a salvage yard i used to work at (i was a bike breaker) completly smashed but i’ts nearly finished now…it has been sat in my garage for the best part of a year while it gets rebuilt. im getting it MOT’d next week then a new set of fairings are coming and all is well.
    i may post some pics when shes done if anyone is interested.
    anyways the missus calls, lucky me eh?

Digger
    Participant

Welcome to TBF.Nice bikes them zx10`s,post them piccies and good luck with the build.

TT07
    Participant

When you get to post some pics you may find that it IS slightly tricky to start, the following link gives instructions on how its done :

https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/just-dropped-by/5

If you ‘right click’ on any picture already posted on the Forum and select ‘properties’, you will be able to see the address which sites other Forum Members are using to store their pics. Once again Ben welcome to TBF.

BigBen
    Participant

cheers, i’ll get them done as soon as, i have one i just found of it being multicoloured so i’ll have a go at posting it,
    thanks for the help, it could have taken me a while to work out how to post the pics……
    its late i’ll just do them as links,haha..
    i found a couple of my now ex CBR too.
    DSCF0115.jpg
    DSCF0116.jpg
    DSCF0117.jpg

Picture147.jpg

more pics of the kwak to follow. might even pop a couple of pics into the modified section.. theres hardly anything standard on it anymore.

thanks
    From TT07 : Just got the pics to display in the post

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Nice bikes Benji. Welcome to TBF

BigBen
    Participant

hehe i thought they had magically decided to work during the night,
    cheers they look good, check out the 15 quid ebay red levers on the CBR, the annodising came off in like 5 minutes. utter crap.

Digger
    Participant

Nice bikes mate,not seen that colour zx10 before.

BigBen
    Participant

ta, yeah its a bit diffferent. its pearl orange. and the standard raw titanium. doesnt look too bad but its changing again soon. pics to follow,
    can anyone tell me how i can change my avatar to one of my own pics please??
    cheers

TT07
    Participant

Can understand your request re: avatars
    Have checked it out, the Official line is :

Update July 22nd 2004:
    Avatars added to the profile page for all members. Members with over 50 posts can now add their own avatars by sending them to [email protected] Please send in jpg or gif format sized at maximum 96 x 96 pixels.

[:)]Suggest you await a definative answer to your question from Imperial Data[:)]

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Yup, that’s generally the case as I end up sorting out personal avatars for lots of members who don’t post or don’t return. Avatar resizing, uploading and linking to members takes a fair bit of time. If you can resize your pic with decent quality (try the free Irfanview program at http://www.irfanview.com) then it helps me.

BigBen
    Participant

ahh. sounds like quite alot of work really.. i wont bother for now,i’ll save you the hassle. thanks anyway though. i have a couple of pics of the bandit if anyone is interested. its for sale aswell. i have nothing else to ride til i can ride the kwak but i have no money so really need to sell it. ill put them in as links again if you dont mind.
    ta
    STA70669.jpg
    STA70671.jpg

im not sure if they will work..photobucket is being crap and the day has been completly naff so if it doesnt work im going to swear :@

sorted pics for you Benji, Gix

BigBen
    Participant

thanks, greatly appreciated.. looks quite good when its clean :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.