WHICH BIKE (and the lady biker argument!)

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe WHICH BIKE (and the lady biker argument!)

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Digger
    Participant

Congratulations Gixer,you have won first prize.Was the test ride up to your exspectations and dos`nt the R1 handle brill.What about R-ONE for a user name.My insurance is with hastings,bit exspensive but was with them when I had the ZX-9R and they have been good to me,will shop round thou when renewal is due….happy days are here again.

Take it easy out there

gixer
    Participant

the r1 handled superb, had much better brakes but lacked the brute power of the gsxr. its gonna be weird not having a gsxr, i actually feel quite sad. in a way i wish i never had the choice. monday morning i had decided that i’d have the gixer and thought about not riding the r1 but after finding out the poor service history on gixer and the fact i could only haggle them upto 1950 the choice was obvious. its an 03 model on a 04 plate, so no need to worry about mot’s for a while and with paintjob, exhaust and all the other little extras it saves me paying for anything as its got it all. prob stick it on a rolling road and maybe dynojet it. if you go to https://www.alfordbros.co.uk/ on the home page your see the bike, its the rossi one, let me know what ya think.

gixer
    Participant

oh and for the meantime i’ll keep gixer as my user name as after nearly 8 years of having them they mean alot to me and i expect i might return to them one day if the grass isn’t greener on the other side! roll on tmw

Digger
    Participant

Nice one mate,the bike looks stunning you will have many a happy blast that will turn heads too.

Take it easy out there

gixer
    Participant

[:D]

Gix
    Participant

Not bad for a yamaha![;)]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif

Radar

He HAS seen the light!

Donate – Or Imperial Data will have you sorted!

Gix
    Participant

Yes! A gixers tail light in the distance as he tries to catch up….[:D][:o)]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Take no notice gixer, the R1 looks gorgeous in the pics. A good choice, let us know how you get on.

gixer
    Participant

i’ve just got all my pics of my last bike(corona gsxr600) all together and i cannot believe how much the colour of bike changed in certain lights. I have pictures from 4 different cameras,2 digital and 2 normal. Its left me confused as to whether the bike really did change that much in different light or if the cameras have not picked up correct colour. you could be forgiven for thinking there were 2 different bikes. it annoys me a bit as i’m not sure which picture is most accurate[?] anyone else ever had this or similar[?]. ps the r1 is amazing, not ridden much due to family etc, but soon will[:)]

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.