WHICH BIKE (and the lady biker argument!)

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe WHICH BIKE (and the lady biker argument!)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

Dont mention tyres LOL!
    I dont see how you can tell through helmets when you are whizzing round the country side who is male and who is female….cant see my face at all cos wear an iridium visor anyway….
    Anyway, the GSXR is the better bike….if you wanna compare specs etc, try this link…. https://www.bikez.com/brands/index.php [;)]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif

Gix
    Participant

and regarding the green rizla colour, I have seen several of these…..IMO looks alot better than the blue rizla livery…

suzukigsxr1000rizla.jpg

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif

rocketRichy
    Participant

Out of the two (assuming they both have the same sort of service history id go for the GSXR, £5999 sounds alot for something around 3 years old (Blade), but if it was me, for £5999 id look around for a standard GSXR750K4. ….like this one

https://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/BIKES_popup.asp?modelexact=1&make=SUZUKI&model=GSXR&ccappr=750&min_pr=75&max_pr=&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=dy6+9sn&miles=1500&max_records=50&source=0&keywords=&photo=1&sort=5&search=SEARCH&start=2&distance=126&adcategory=BIKE&channel=BIKES&id=200524196097567

“he passed me that fast he was suckin rabbits out the hedges”

Gix
    Participant

oooh I’m drooling…..

digger wheres your kitchen roll………[:p]

suck_animated.gif

gixer
    Participant

i don’t like the standard colours(i do like but there are so many around, i like something that stands out), i’m only gonna buy one with a sexy paint job. just been to see a orange rizla gixer 1000 which is a k2 and had 3 owners and mileage is 8000ish. apparently its been at shop for 6 to 8 months which amazes me as it is so pretty and immaculate. anyone know how much difference between k2 and k3. also i’ve noticed that hardly any gixer1000 have had just one owner, wonder why?

Gix
    Participant

A guy I used to work with had R1s since they came out, 2 years ago he decided to try the new gixer1000 cos it got such better reviews than the new R1, more power, more extreme. 3 weeks after he took delivery of his brand new gixer1000, he highsided it, not enough respect for the throttle, spun the rear, shut off the throttle and got catapulted off. He said the gixer had too much power to use on the road, said it was unrideable and went back to his R1s.
    I suspect that alot of folks come to the same conclusion, and so they change hands fairly regularly…but there are exceptions, another mate of mine has had his k2 gixer1000 from new, but then he went up from the gixer750.

suck_animated.gif

gixer
    Participant

has the k2 been reliable etc for him, i think i’m prob gonna have the one i see today. I just found it strange how long they have had it for, makes you wonder why. could it be possible that some people are happy with a blue/white one?

Gix
    Participant

He actually sold it about 2 weeks ago cos his wife is expecting, he never had no problems with it, he was a mad on it, and that is why he has sold it, sooner or later would make a mistake he wouldn’t recover from and now with baby on the way, has to calm down a bit, priorities he says. Says he will buy another gixer when the baby gets a bit older and he gets a bit more mature….
    Oh and think it was the 91 model, which was the K1 not the K2, sorry my mistake….

suck_animated.gif

gixer
    Participant

bloody hell i’ve now seen an 04 r1 in rossi colours, 6000miles one owner and £6299. should have a year left on warranty as well. does anyone know if the 04 model had the exhaust under seat as i thought they revamped the r1 for 04 but this one has exhaust on side so i expect its an 03 model which just got registered in 04. i really cant make decisions and my girlfriend is fed up with me talking about which bike to get. i’m test riding the orange rizla in couple of hours, at least i’m getting to ride several different bikes. decisions decisions!

Gix
    Participant

Get the gixer….you know it makes sense……[;)]

suck_animated.gif

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Personally I’d go with the R1. Whichever way you go, it’s nice to have the choice!

Digger
    Participant

The R1 is the right choice,fantastic handling,easy on the bum,but remember these superbikes bite back espeicially when the tyres are cold or the wrong tyre chioce for the bike is made ie:highsiding.The R1 is sooooo nimble in the twisties and delivers the right kind of power exiting the bends.The new R1 is 170 bhp and is more than enough power for the uk roads….go on choose the R1 and you`ll never look back.

Take it easy out there

hocuss pocuss
    Participant

hi gixer. i ride a super 4, shes mint, i dnt hav much choice when it comes 2 bikes as i find the hight a problem . im only 5 ft 2 and im not that struck on low riders. black widow rides a yam yzf 600 genesis. Where we live there aren’t many female bikers – in fact we are in an exclusive club of two! But then we always knew we were special! ;-)

gixer
    Participant

the k2 gixer was absolutely awesome, i had an hour to test it and i enjoyed every minute of it. their holding it for me till 4pm monday so i get enough time to try the r1. I’ve decided that i wont be having the blade or the green rizla. The r1 has galfer wavy discs(how much do these cost?) and akeaprovic silencer and other little extras, apparently it got resprayed cos the bike fell over in his driveway. Should i be paranoid that it could of been used for racing or is it common for some bikers to spend all this in one year and do 6000miles and then sell it?

Gix
    Participant

Repray after falling over from standstill? I’d be a little suspicious. Mine fell over from standstill and caught the edge of the paving stones (quite sharp them edges) but all it needs is a bit of a touch up, not really bad enough for a respray….

suck_animated.gif

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.