WHICH BIKE (and the lady biker argument!)

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe WHICH BIKE (and the lady biker argument!)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    gixer
    Participant

problem is all gixer’s that are in rizla colours are also resprays as apparently corona(gotta be best ever paint job) is the only racing colour suzuki do from the factory. where do i draw the line on being paranoid. What about the brake discs, are they race ones?

Gix
    Participant

Mate, you can get a gixer in rizla colours brand new….or you could last year, but it was the light blue rizla colours. or at least you could from the dealer down road from me….0 miles, brand new, but never seen a 750 new one in rizla colours…
    As for the disks, not sure, loads of makes now, you can pick a set up of brand new wavy disks off ebay for around £140.

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

gixer
    Participant

it was just that when i was in laguna’s yesterday a bloke was asking about rizla colours and i overheard the salesman say that they dont do it from the factory and that they send bikes to dream machines for the respray, but now you mention it when i spoke to the bloke about the one i was about to ride he did actually say he was after a 750. I’ve never had to make decisions like this before, in the past i either had no choice or i knew excatly what i wanted. out of interest how much are you hoping to get for your bike. I’ve only be offered 1850 px agaisnst the orange rizla and the other shop with green rizla, blade and r1 have offered me 2200

Gix
    Participant

Dont take the px mate, they will offer you rock bottom, else I would be doing the same. You will always be better off selling private. Saying that, Parkers price guide has put my bike at £2500 part ex with a dealer, £2985 bought outright from dealer, and £2735 privately, its on ebay for £2450 no reserve.[V]

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif

gixer
    Participant

thats all very well but i’ve never sold privately, what do you do if they want a test ride, what if they use very good fake money or what if they buy the bike then get serious problem with it and come banging on your door with bunch of heavies or just vandalise house,car,new bike etc. And by the time i manage to find buyer it will be winter or the bikes i want will be gone. I just checked in bike trader and my model bike with same paint job but with 25000 or so less miles are going for not much more than £3000. I cant believe that some people have 5yr old bikes with less than 10000miles on the clock, how can they be bikers, their the type who crash etc,w**kers!

Gix
    Participant

Well if you can afford to lose shit loads of money on px go ahead, was just saying you would financially be better off selling private, as for the worry that something will go wrong with a bike you sell once sold, sell is as “sold as seen”. With second hand bikes there is never a gaurantee that something wont go wrong after purchase but thats not your problem if you say its sold as seen, I have never had a problem anyway.

suck_animated.gif

gixer
    Participant

i know this is not related to the topic but instead of starting a new thread does anyone know the website for dream-machines, i saw it in a mag earlier and it said http://www.dream-machines then it was either. co.uk or whatever but i thought the main part would be enough for goggle to find it but it cant and i’m getting really f***ed off. please help before i smash the house up! is it possible that the site is down?[:(]

gixer
    Participant

i’m a very paranoid person and the problem is if i bought something that went bang i would seek revenge so thats probably why i have that opinion. so how much do you think a carb corona on a y plate with just over 30000miles would get privately. if i got 2750 then it would be worthwhile but whos gonna pay that when you can get same bike with 5000 miles for 500+ quid more.

Gix
    Participant

is it https://www.dream-machine.co.uk/ you are after?

suck_animated.gif

gixer
    Participant

yes. thankyou. why didn’t google find that. poxy pc i’m useless with it

Scouser
    Participant

Gixer, get your bike out and about at big bike meets with a for sale sign on it listing any work carried out, selling price and phone number. You will get more money this way and not part x-ing the bike. When you do sell it, as gixerchis says, give them a receipt for the money with ‘sold as seen’ on the receipt and both of you sign and date the slip. Do two copies one for you and one for them. Test ride wise, they more than likely will not be covered on the insurance and you will have to take them on the pillion or come to agreement that you keep their bike or car they arrived in until they repair the damage (if they crash)or but the bike. Test rides from shops only cover you for third party, so if you crash the bike on a test ride, you have to buy the bike or pay for repairs.
    Good Luck.

Be seen and be Safe!

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Scouser

It is unusual to get kneedown, hedge-trimming female biker like Gixerchic,

Toe down now too! [:0]

suck_animated.gif

gixer
    Participant

its a very happy day but also a sad one as after 7 and half years of riding gsxr’s i’m now gonna have an R1 from thursday. i got 2250 px which i think is good for a 30000mile bike, after i found out the orange rizla gixer only had proof of one service at 8000miles i knew i had to have the R1 and after riding it and seeing all the extras plus service history and only being just over a year old it was the obvious choice.

Gix
    Participant

Are you gonna change username?[:0]

suck_animated.gif

rocketRichy
    Participant

Gixer,

Is that the lastest shape R1 ? with the underseat exhausts ?

“he passed me that fast he was suckin rabbits out the hedges”

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.