The Newest Addition To The Garage

Home Forums Members’ bikes The Newest Addition To The Garage

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    BigBen
    Participant

may very well have some treats on the way for the bike..one is for sure and one is not so sure but itll be good all the same…keep your eyes out for pics shortly :)

BigBen
    Participant

Wiseco 1216 big bore kit is on its way! :D hows that!?

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Mmmm, nice!

BigBen
    Participant

it is indeed. recently as ive found the kit and got it coming its actually got me back into the idea of getting the bandit done..ive not touched her since xmas and shes feeling left out.

only because ive been buffing another chassis recently

Radar

Is the piston kit new or second hand?

BigBen
    Participant

second hand, only done 200 miles.

i priced up standard piston rings from suzuki and they came out at somewhere near £200.
    the kit i found was £300 and for that i get wiseco pistons, with pins, rings and clips.
    a head gasket and a set of bandit barells bored and honed already! bargain or what!

BigBen
    Participant

ill have to apologise at this point for posting over and over again but things seem to be happening quite fast now with the bandit so heres another.

complete front end sourced and purchased as of this morning.

will be running GSXR1000 forks, yokes, calipers and front wheel. many people have challenged me to get it roadworthy by May so we shall have a good go at it. granted wont be painted or how its staying but itll be running at least.

bigbore.jpg

bigbore-1.jpg

and thats what £431 worth of pistons look like…mmmmmmmmm

Radar

Looks like a comprehensive Kit there Ben, when do you expect to get them fitted? May getting pretty close…only six weeks away!

BigBen
    Participant

end of this week i expect an engine to be sat on the bench, painted and bolted together. im about to go and pick the barells and head up after they got sandblasted ready to paint and then the head will get stripped down and cleaned then ready for the paint. it is getting very close indeed but now ive received my start date for this years wedding season the bike is probs not going to get done..but even if it was, summer is a busy time for people in my line of work so probs wouldnt have alot of time to ride it. :(

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Was hoping it would be this summer Ben. There’s always a chance?

slim
    Participant

just wondering what head work you have planned to go with the big bore kit if any & also what carbs you intent to run with ?

cheers slim

BigBen
    Participant

yeah two chances ID ill just play it as it comes. im meant to be moving in with the missus aswell so it depends again.

Slim, im looking to get the head flowed but i probably wont be getting it done straight away, ill be running standard carbs but im getting it jetted. the guy that has the bike shop round the corner from me is sorting it all out for me. he knows far too much :)

katana
    Participant

Ben

Glad to see its moving on. Are you painting the engine yourself?

katana
    Participant

Ben

katana
    Participant

Ben

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 185 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.