The Newest Addition To The Garage

Home Forums Members’ bikes The Newest Addition To The Garage

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Keep us updated Ben, you are on the reccommended list now…

https://www.bikemeet.net/forums/topic/great-posts-pics-across-the-site-part-2/

BigBen
    Participant

i shall, got all my gaskets today. other than that not a great deal to report. the what list?

Radar

The list is the thread with the links to interesting posts bud, you have featured a couple of times now

BigBen
    Participant

ahh, thanks :))
    it should be getting a bit more interesting as soon as my subframe arrives…then the fun begins

BigBen
    Participant

HEADS OFF HEADS OFF HEADS OFF HEADS OFF HEADS OFF HEADS OFF HEADS OFF HEADS OFF HEADS OFF HEADS OFF HEADS OFF HEADS OFF HEADS OFF. did it all by myself in the end as no one would help me. but im glad its off.
    as soon as i manage to get the bloody gudgeon pins out the pistons (that are a bit of a state) are going to get bathed. im trying to avoid taking the crankshaft out just because i cant be bothered.. oooh and i managed to get the bolt out the bottom end that i dropped in the first day the engine started coming apart. hah! we all knew itd happen.

if youre wondering why it took me so long to strip the engine down you need to think about something else :P ive never stripped a 4 stroke engine before, just 2 strokes that are immensly simple compared to a four. sort of learnt as i went along which is good, im an expert now.

also i have picked the colour for the frame, it is however a rather boring colour (not black) but it will deffinitely work with the rest of the colours on the bike so all is well.

BigBen
    Participant

That just looks mint in my opinion, whats your thoughts?

15836_195201999219_501369219_324732.jpg

15836_195203029219_501369219_324733.jpg

15836_195204034219_501369219_324735.jpg

seat.jpg

TT07
    Participant

Yes Ben an interesting mix there, I’m sure Radar will love the thought………If the bike was behind HIM he would see a Suzuki, therefore his Yam would be in its rightful place ie in front, and if the bike was in front of him he would see a Yam and HE would think great thats what I like to see, a Yamaha at the front!!!!!!!!

Hope it all comes together for you from this point on.

slim
    Participant

Just my opinion but the seat unit is too long for the bike & too wide for the tank, i like the seat unit to end at the rear spindle or there abouts & think the tank has to define the maximim width of the backend so things flow through

Having said that its your bike & if you’re happy thats what counts [:)]

BigBen
    Participant

thanks for the input, however bare in mind the photo was taken on an angle with me standing as far back as i could get. so it will look long.
    but in my opinion streetfighters with short seat units look daft. when the backend is all on with the exhausts mounted it’ll look right..i hope.

just carefully selected my front end for the project as i have now gotten rid of what was left of the bandit to free up some space.
    got a set of GSXR750 K6 fork legs.. and shortly going to have a word with a guy about making up some billet yokes :)) anyone got a GSXR750 front wheel? and or calipers?
    cheers

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by TT07

Yes Ben an interesting mix there, I’m sure Radar will love the thought………If the bike was behind HIM he would see a Suzuki, therefore his Yam would be in its rightful place ie in front, and if the bike was in front of him he would see a Yam and HE would think great thats what I like to see, a Yamaha at the front!!!!!!!!

Spot on TT! LOL[:D]

Radar

I am not a fan of the cut off and angled back ends either, but when you are building a custom, the first person to please is yourself I suppose! Keep the updates coming Ben!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

I actually really like that Yam tailpiece. Need to see a side view to get a feel for the proportions but I’d definitely try to use that as it’s a real ‘touchy feely’ piece of plastic with a super-thin profile.

BigBen
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Radar

I am not a fan of the cut off and angled back ends either, but when you are building a custom, the first person to please is yourself I suppose! Keep the updates coming Ben!

perfectly correct there Radar, the way im doing this is, in my opinion the most logical but others dont seem to bother. the way im doing is mounting the subframe at usual level (standard) then jacking the bike up on the suspension. its easier to correct the seat height then if you find its too high or whatever.
    it would be interesting to hear other peoples views on this

BigBen
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by imperialdata

I actually really like that Yam tailpiece. Need to see a side view to get a feel for the proportions but I’d definitely try to use that as it’s a real ‘touchy feely’ piece of plastic with a super-thin profile.

Agreed :)) after doing immense amounts of research into what seats are usually used on fighters it turned out to be the R1 for some reason.
    although i have only ever seen one using this seat unit but that was on a spondon frame and subframe so obviously the frames are made to fit. maybe i just havnt found the stockpile of pictures of bikes using these units but as i said in previous posts, the subframe could not sit any nearer to the bandit struts, its as if it was made for it.

what ill do is either wait ’til the riders seat turns up and get the subframe welded on and take a few pics of it on the drive in clear daylight, or ill just cable tie it back on and take a few better pics.

quick update, the deal i did with a friend on the old bandit bits didnt fall through as such but hes skint the same as me. the day before i was meant to get paid for the stuff i bid and won a set of forks…..now i cant pay for them! :@

BigBen
    Participant

how much better does that look!? nice shiney bolts too

15836_197706244219_501369219_325910.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 185 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.