The Newest Addition To The Garage

Home Forums Members’ bikes The Newest Addition To The Garage

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    BigBen
    Participant

Plus I need enough time to beat the living sh1t out of the guy she cheated on me with. Scaff pipe will be out

BigBen
    Participant

and we are back, not a great deal of update to come but an update is an update at the end of the day. am moving house in 4 days so should really be packing as i havnt actually started but i got half a day at the workshop to get the rest of the engine stripped down. never done it before and a few lessons were learnt i can tell you.

found out by stripping it that the shells deffinitely need replacing so thatll be another 150 quid spent :@ so its not just a quick put back together job unfortunately.

first two pictures are the lump on the stand i made, 360 degree twist…youre all jelous i can tell :P

ee1a2d96.jpg

0f5090bc.jpg

and there it is in pieces.

f2d5ee8c.jpg

next jobs: get the crankcases blasted for painting, replace seals and shells and then clag it all back together and get the beefy pistons in. watch this space.

Radar

Some heay duty sugery going on there again…keep at it!

BigBen
    Participant

reeeeeeeeet!

full day at workshop, getting things ready for some movement as im bored of not doing anything with the bikes.

SAM_2853.jpg
    first up we have a nice clean head, blasted, bathed, valve seals replaced and……

SAM_2854.jpg
    Valves polished.

SAM_2857.jpg
    and then while making sure things were clean etc i found that!!!!! bloody thing!! if you cant see what i mean the next pic will show it.

SAM_285700000.jpg
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! new crank case needed!

SAM_2858.jpg
    got bored so i painted the tank for a laugh.

IMG_0430.jpg
    And there she is.

IMG_0429.jpg

lots to be getting on with, until the parts i need arrive, ill just be getting the little jobs out of the way. less to do later on then….job done! got my target in my head now for completion of the build. i know i had one before but i had alot of things go wrong on me so no one can blame me for it taking years.

ses310

Looks like things are going well there mate

katana
    Participant

Looking good mate

BigBen
    Participant

ta. still not a great deal has changed but a bit at a time is the way forward. in about a weeks time the swinger will be in properly (ish, as i gots summat up my sleeve on that one, not telling what it is though you’ll all have to wait and see) and then i should have my shells ordered and maybe have the yokes on the miller.

Radar

Good to see progress being made again! Keep us updated!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Good to see it moving forward. Crankcase crack is a bit of a downer though.

BigBen
    Participant

I cant find my other thread on the blade (or did i not start one?) i honestly cant remember so anyway, ive probably not posted a lot about the blade as i rarely go on my laptop now having an iphone and all….technology!

been having a few issues with it in the last 6 months. it was sat up for a bit over winter and my insurance issues but finally put it back on the road. had to strip it down three times to get it running as it kept fouling the plugs, which is an expensive game..especially after the third time. finallt got it running and all was well. about two weeks ago it died on me on the way home from work at 1am on the A64, not the best road for it to fail on. it gradually started to die when i got on the throttle, it would come to a stop. then start it up again, spank it and itd be right for the rest of the journy. put up with that for a week and it started to get on my tits.

so stripped it down again, drained fuel filter and float bowls as it could have ingested water into the fuel when she was sat at home while i was on holiday. after that it made it worse, dying on my more often. finally today i took the fuel pump off it as it should run gravity feeding it, i read up on some forums that people have done that and its been fine, took her out for a blast, then it died and refused to start again. FUMING!! had to push it back after seriously considering throwing it in a hedge.

its looking to me like an elctrical problem now maybe the coils or the loom is messing itself. what are your thoughts? its just bloody annoying as its my only transport :(

ses310

Sorry to hear about your bad luck mate! Katana might be the one to ask seeing as he has one, sorry I can’t be of much help

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Ben, if it was worse after the carb clean then it’s likely to be fuel related. Sounds like some muck is blocking the jets to me. Did you blow them out?
    Also, is the fuel from the tank clean? A tank clean-out may also be in order here as you disturb any muck in there when you remove it to do the carbs.

At least that’s most of the fuel system sorted then apart from the pump.

BigBen
    Participant

Nay panic ses:)

I thought that but I blew all the jets and the tank is clean as and it had new fuel through it. I’m not writing off it being a fuel problem, but I’ve been advised to change the relays and put the pump back on. If I cn get it down to my unit, then I’ll drain the tank but am currently trying everything by the side of the road. It’s locked to a lamppost :p it sounded like it was running on two cylinders last night so I need to check which ones, if it’s a matching pair so to speak a new coil it is. Suppose she’s done well to last this long but it’s still irritating :( the saga continues

Radar

Carb jets can be notoriously difficult to get properly cleanafter a long lay up. I would clean the inside of the tank too when you get access to betterfacilities.

I have lost track a little, what has happen to the Bandit?

BigBen
    Participant

I shall have a gander when I get it down ‘t shop.

Bandit is still sat there waiting for some tlc. But eBay upset it a little by presenting me an ally custom frame for my fireblade. I’ve still resisted the urge to buy it, which is good of me, and being skint usually helps that :D £1500 though, tis tempting.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 185 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.