The Newest Addition To The Garage

Home Forums Members’ bikes The Newest Addition To The Garage

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    BigBen
    Participant

Spindle sort of done so I can reveal this.
    cc84af69.jpg

667faf4e.jpg

I stood next to it and it seems ridiculously low, although I’ve not set the height of the shocks but still!

HippoDrones
    Participant

looking good dude! [:D]

Radar

It’s realy coming together Ben

BigBen
    Participant

Cheers. Come up against a snag though. When I set the spindle is sort of done I worded it like that because the holes are the tiniest amount off center do to my pillar drill having a bench chuck. We are only talking a few thousands of a mm but still it’s not going to be perfect and it annoying me so I think I’m going to have another go but do it on a lathe this time. P1ssed off ain’t quite the right phrase at this time. Plus the bike is really low, even my sisters short bf can measure up to it n put his feet on the floor!

Radar

As shortarse myself I think it looks great!

BigBen
    Participant

heheh nice one.

might actually have a rolling chassis soon….waiting on some bushes to be machined and then we are laughing :) taken bloody long enough. but not having the right tools really does put things on hold

katana
    Participant

Glad to hear that it’s progressing Ben.

Where are you getting the bushes machined?

BigBen
    Participant

well i was hoping my mate would do them but he said the chuck aint big enough on the lathe, i know for a fact it is cos i sold him it!

cant be arsed no more. lost interest in everything…bloody women!

so ill have to pay to get them done.

what i didnt say in my last post was that i cut the footpeg mount off to get the extra room i need to line the wheels up so ive actually decided to hoy the ducati wheel to the back of the workshop and move the swingarm even further to where i need it to fit the MV wheel straight in. i should have enough room to play with, wont quote numbers cos ive worked it out so every other sod can too :P

katana
    Participant

Send me a drawing of the bushes and I’ll see what I can do (Will be a couple of weeks though because I’m off to the states for a bit).

BigBen
    Participant

Cheers Kat, alright for some aint it :P
    however i havent taken the new measurements yet so ill let you know when i have. plus i think i need to widen the frame so may not be for a while..taaaaaaaaaaaaaa :)

BigBen
    Participant

The gixxer finally gets the winter treatment..

c81a3e03.jpg

9eab79d2.jpg

Iridium spark plugs.
    K&N filter and airbox sealed.
    Everything cleaned under tank, and shortly everything else cleaned.
    side fairings removed and frame de-lugged.
    Chain and sprocket kit.
    Stainless brakelines. but not those cool quick release ones :(

other bits and bats to follow if i dont get thrown out of my house..

Radar

Any updates on the Bandido?

The Gixxer will benefit from the freshen up

BigBen
    Participant

no the bandit is on the backburner for now. aint got the time, the money or the inclination if im honest. with all the sh!t that kicked off recently i just cant be arsed. theres no point me doing anything to it cos ill get p!ssed off and break it.

Radar

Any movement Benji?

BigBen
    Participant

Nope. My ex has tried to make her moving out as difficult as possible and as stressful and consequently I’m skint and am on the dole. Marvellous! So yeah it’s all good, bandit not been touched, triumph not been touched etc. It may all pick back up if I get the job I want, there will be a new CNC miller coming my way if I get it!

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 185 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.