Pete247

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Pete247

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

ah and I forgot to post them leather pics, would have made a spectacular bit of footage if someone had caught it on video with all the titanium(sorry Pete but think you will agree!)
    So, for those who doubt the need for protective clothing….Pete only got gravel rash where his glove moved as he slid, exposing skin….

P1010001.jpg

P1010007.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010015.jpg

HippoDrones
    Participant

Still not seen the phots of me leathers as hospital puter rubbish, was rather out of it when they were cut off. But yeh they deffo did their job!

I wish there was a vid too, was damned lucky apparently I burst the fuel tank and it was all across the track where I came off according to the guy I hired the bike off who called today to see how I was doin. Top guy, not in the slightest bit interested in talkin money to me till I home and on the mend :)

Digger
    Participant

Good account mate,good job you wer`nt in a race lol.

Radar

Interesting write up, sounds like you were really flying. This what worries me about track days, there are brilliant right up to the moment they are not!

Hope your recovery goes well, if you are still in next week I will try to come and visit

HippoDrones
    Participant

Cheers Radar, am just waiting on them sorting me an ambulance down to QA in Pompey, don’t make the trip unless you confirmed I is still here;)

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Pete247

don’t make the trip unless you confirmed I is still here;)

haha a bit like I did today [:o)]

HippoDrones
    Participant

ahh but at least you texted me before walkin into the ward so I could get me pants back on ;) lol

HippoDrones
    Participant

Am now gonna be here till Saturday as they can’t organise transport til then :(

Still the more time here the less time required in QA :)

Gix
    Participant

I bet you just cant wait to get home and settle down with a cold beer in your hand….[;)]
    How long dya reckon they will keep you in QA?

HippoDrones
    Participant

It was banded about that it would be around 3wks progress dependent!

Radar

Thats not a bad recovery time for such big injury. How like before you can return to work or ride again?

HippoDrones
    Participant

3-6 or so months :(

Radar

quote:

3-6 or so months :(

Has this Navy been cool with this?

HippoDrones
    Participant

they got no choice :D

Radar

quote:

they got no choice :D

LOL, suppose not!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.