Pete247

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Pete247

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

They (my boss) are being ok proffessionally but I have to keep reminding him that my pprivate life is just that and if he don’t like me riding bikes then maybe someone else should be given Divisional Responsibilit of me!

He’s a good bloke but needs reminding that 1 I’m not under 18 (by a long way) ans 2 he not my dad, he my boss!

HippoDrones
    Participant

Well about to be moved south to the QA hospital in Portsmouth. I am not sure if they have this type of thing there so don’t know if I’m gonna be able to get online for the next 3wks.

Anyway, thanks for your get well wishes and chat soon :)

Scouser
    Participant

Get well soon Pete.

HippoDrones
    Participant

Well I am now home, well at my dads. A lot better than being stuck in hospital for sure!

Thought I’d post some phots of the day and some from after that peeps have been good enough to take:

cadwelltart.jpg

CadwellParkchriss7.jpg

CadwellParkchriss5.jpg

CadwellParkchriss4.jpg

CadwellParkchriss3.jpg

CadwellParkchriss1.jpg

cadwellpit2.jpg

HippoDrones
    Participant

And after it went wrong:

stretcher.jpg

wavein.jpg

sadlincoln.jpg

happylincoln.jpg

HippoDrones
    Participant

Whats left of me kit (£900 Arlen Ness roo skin suit, £400 Arai, £30 summer gloves) all totalled :( :

lid1.jpg

expensiveouch.jpg

expensiveouch2.jpg

expensiveouch3.jpg

gloves.jpg

HippoDrones
    Participant

And some recovering phots (Gix you safe at the mo, no lead to connect phone to puter at mo):

strongarm.jpg

space247tweek.jpg

And what to do with a dead kangaroo :D

arlennessrug.jpg

arlennessrugdog.jpg

Radar

Well the dog got something out of it! Interesting pics Pete, hope the road to full recovery is as short as possible!

Gix
    Participant

Hey chick bet you had that beer dint ya? See you soon sunshine! [;)]

HippoDrones
    Participant

UPDATE:

Just got back from my first Physio appointment up at RAF Headly Court, was just an initial assessment to see what they could do for me and weather I was a suitable candidate for them etc.

Got a taxi there and back £85 for both ways, glad I can claim that back!

Arrived with no med docs and am way out of date on x-rays but they didn’t send me away which is what I was expecting so it was a good start Explained that the RN are rubbish and the RAF peeps agreed had a quick once over from a rather nice Austrailian lass and then had a consultation with the consultant and pretty much the rest of the dept all sitting in me cubical watchin me strip down to me grots!

Anyway, they got me to move about without the back brace although still with the crutches and pulled and pushed on me legs etc. They couldn’t do any more as they had no idea if my bones had fused or not and didn’t want to risk hurtin me by getting me to load bear fully on me duff hip.

It seems that the RAF know how to sort things coz one quick phone call to QA hospital and I am now booked in for an out patients appt down there on the 27th June to find out when I can remove me brace and start to walk properly etc

Can I just add once again:

THE ROYAL NAVY ARE RUBBISH!!!
    Join the Army or RAF if you wanna work with proffessionals

Gix
    Participant

and despite everything…..I bet you are still smiling [;)]

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Nice one Pete, glad to see it’s still coming along steadily. Bet you’ll be glad to get that brace off.

HippoDrones
    Participant

The brace is really gettin to me wearing it now, still keeping a smile on me face generally tho Gix :) If I didn’t smile I’d cry I think at times, not from any pain but just the frustration of a summer wrecked. Still we have to soldier on and tryin to stay positive has to help the healing process so I shall and will maintain me smile coz I got so many mates helpin me out, still gets to me when I think about just how many peeps, who I’d never met in person before took time to come see me while I was up in Lincoln County hospital :)

Grrr, gettin all sentimental again lol, great start to the day Hahaha.

Catch you soon peeps :) :) :)

Big_Katz
    Participant

glad your getting back on your feet!

all the best [:D]

HippoDrones
    Participant

I’ve had a hospital appt today; xrays and consultant chat…..

…… Guess who is now out of his back-brace, off his crutches and allowed to ride his bike again! :D :D :D :D

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.