Pete247

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Pete247

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

Must admit I suprised that you even got up off your bed yesterday, and all smiles, just remember dont push too hard, and yes I will keep nagging, dont want you taking one step forward and 2 steps back!

HippoDrones
    Participant

I feel a song coming on “Paula” ;) :D

HippoDrones
    Participant

UPDATE:

been told by consultant that I should expect to go home on Friday!

They tryin to sort an ambulance for me but I am preferring the idea of me mates picking me up on their way to Skeggy for the MCN weekend :D

I know I need to take it easy, I can do that when I’m drunk tho ;)

Gix
    Participant

Ah good news that they are allowing you home, but means I wont be coming to see you saturday with your go faster stripes.

HippoDrones
    Participant

Am kinda uupset bout leavin tbbh, have finally met with some peeps I’ve wanted to meet for ages and also met some cool new friends too!

Well hopefully I’ll be all fixed properly and on a bike again soon hun so the tape wont be needed for long anyhows ;)

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Pete247

Am kinda uupset bout leavin tbbh, have finally met with some peeps I’ve wanted to meet for ages and also met some cool new friends too!

Be plenty of time for that, most important thing is you are making very good progress. [;)]

HippoDrones
    Participant

Progress not going as planned now, the docs have descovered my pelvis is fractured so am in limbo bout weather or not I’m sstaying or going today!

Wanna be close to friends and family etc but think it best tbh if I stay here the weekend at least!

Digger
    Participant

Never mind pete,your in the best place to make that speedy recovery,lets hope its sooner than later.

Gix
    Participant

Keep me informed chick if you can. Maybe see you sunday.

Radar

Sorry to hear you can’t get home as soon as hoped.
    Keep your spirits up, your Triumph will wait.

I need a word about you damaging a Yamaha!!

katana
    Participant

Sorry Pete – can’t belive I missed this thread.

Get Well Soon

Digger
    Participant

Hey up Pete,if you have time or if you want to,can you tell us how the spill happend,ie:-highside,lowside,underbraking,another rider………dont have to if you dont want to mate.

HippoDrones
    Participant

Hahaha RADAR! I will destroy all Yamaha’s one bike at a time! lol

ok, what happened exactly:

I started the day in Novices as had never done a trackday let alone one at Cadders so peeps sugested safest option! 3rd session passed and I had petty much lapped all but 2 or 3 bikes at least once, wheeliying the mountain and stuffing 1000cc bikes in the bends. I noticed some pointing at me from the marshalls and tbh I was getting frustraated.

ame in at the end of the session and asked how to go about getting moved up a group, the guy said well we need to see how you riding and asked what bike I was on. When I told him he went “Ahhh, thats you is it then?” The last session before lunch he tagged on behind me and we went out first, within 3 laps I’d caught the back of the group, the instructor took over and led for another 3 laps after giving me the thumbs up, he got me hanging off the bike and on the first of his 3 I haad got both knees down without even trying and after his 3 I had knocked at least 5secs off my already faste than most the group lap imes so I was so bouncy, havina fanastic time, I eventually caught up with a mate and blitzed past her coz she got stuck behind Tink (gixerjunkies owner) I pulled into the pits after the session and dripping with sweat and all hyper went up to the instructor, he said I needed to keep throwing myself about the bike but appart from that was “Impresssed” and yeh deffo moving up a group!

Ater lunch I was a tad nervous as I didnt know what the pace was gonna be like so I went out last but before long I was cutting my way through the pack and all me nerves vanished.

The last session started with me at the back with Paul, Matt, Dave and I think another GJ all just wantin to piss about but Matt buzzed me on the inside so I thought Feck em! and was under and overtakin averyone I saw, was on a right mission! I ave to say that think I was going so much faster had pretty much overtaken everyone in the group and had clear track ahead of me. Last lap came up and I pushed on so hard I was ruunning on pure adrenaline. Anyway go set up for a set of 3 bends that if done right you can turn into 1 and was prob doin around 110mph outta te 2nd cranked over knee skimming the deck and pushed too hard, rear span up,then digged in and next thing I know I’m doing a handstand on the bars thinking this aint right and I do believe its about to get painful!

I wasn’t wrong, as I went over the bars my back twisted and smacked into the track, bike then went into my back and then my back hit the ground again, remember 3 impacts to it! Don’t remember hitting my shoulders….. Nurse needs me will finish in a bit :)

Gix
    Participant

…and after all that he cant wait to get on the track again! Good on you Pete! See you tomorrow! [:D]

HippoDrones
    Participant

Umm tbh, yeh Gix! Was the most exciting experience of my biking life :D

Deffo going to do more track-days, and hopefully have another crack at Cadders too! I would have been completely lost without the cones on the enntrance and apex of the corners so mahoosive respect to racers!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.