Oops!

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Oops!

• This topic has 59 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 19 years ago by Gix.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Scouser
    Participant

Gix it sounds as though your bi-metalic resistor is oversensitive and the anti-surge cicuit is overloading and tripping out the motor. The variable speed control on the motor could also be suspect which would make the condensor overheat and again cause the overheating then tripping out.Sorry, I’ve just made all that up.

Make sure your machine is unplugged and check the connections to the motor.

Be seen and be Safe!

Scouser
    Participant

Useful website:
    http://www.howstuffworks.com

Be seen and be Safe!

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Scouser

Gix it sounds as though your bi-metalic resistor is oversensitive and the anti-surge cicuit is overloading and tripping out the motor. The variable speed control on the motor could also be suspect which would make the condensor overheat and again cause the overheating then tripping out.Sorry, I’ve just made all that up.

Make sure your machine is unplugged and check the connections to the motor.

Be seen and be Safe!

Well I am glad that was all fiction cos it went straight over me ‘ed!

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, Vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, what a ride!

suck_animated.gif

GSF K1
    Participant

I think the flux capacitor has gone bye bye’s

To “ERR” is natural.. to really fowl things up needs a politician!!

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by GSF K1

I think the flux capacitor has gone bye bye’s

No! flux capacitor looks in tip top condition and is working fine. Have a feeling it could be something to do with the exup suction valve dropping into the SRAD system.[:0]

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, Vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, what a ride!

suck_animated.gif

GSF K1
    Participant

Have you checked the clearance on the yahoodi-whatsit valve?

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by GSF K1

Have you checked the clearance on the yahoodi-whatsit valve?

Yup! Them fine but a little worried about the PSU![;)]

suck_animated.gif

prezzo
    Participant

If you had asked me that question on a monday i might have said Yeess.

Paul

Talk is cheap

Dont forget to Donate !!!

Digger
    Participant

Is your vacuum an upright or cylinder,if the later and its blue then thats the problem,the blue cylinder vacuum is renowned for the suction regulator to go down on you and thus create a blow back draft that can inadvertadly cause alot of frustration and hardship when trying to do household chores.

Take it easy out there

Gix
    Participant

Not blue…charcoal grey and its an upright.

suck_animated.gif

katana
    Participant

Ahhh a grey upright – why didn’t you say. In that case it will be a an imbalance in the vortex control module, normally caused by an ingress of Lego blocking the left venturi. This causes the amiable chip to over heat.

Have you tried reasoning with it over a nice cup of tea. Failing that tw*t it with the biggest hammer you can find

Donut – I mean DONATE!

logospin.gif

Gix
    Participant

Dont think its lego but it could well be a bead of some sort off one of the kids bracelets…..
    Cuppa and chat didnt work and now I have a black eye from the fight that ensued…..[B)]

suck_animated.gif

GSF K1
    Participant

Threaten it with leaving out in the rain.. failing that let it see you reading the Argos brochure!

Scouser
    Participant

Check that you haven’t selected intermitent suck on the switch as this will have the same symptom you describe of sucking every 2 mins. Its like an indicator switch on your bike, you have to make sure you have pressed the button in to cancel the feature. If you are finding this a problem you can buy a bleeper that bleeps when this feature is selected so that you won’t forget to hit the cancel switch.
    If you do decide to get a new upright, the Dyson is great. About £120

Be seen and be Safe!

Gix
    Participant

Ummmm….not sure if your being serious or not LOL but dont have an intermittant suck switch on mine…..you turn it on and it sucks (or should). Turn it off and it dont suck…

suck_animated.gif

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.