A slow moving project GSX-R

Home Forums Jap stuff A slow moving project GSX-R

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

cheers matey, the guy that made them up for me am gonna ask him if he’ll do a couple of url’s for this site to add to it

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Cheers Pete, it’s looking good now. How are you gonna read them maps at 170mph?

HippoDrones
    Participant

lol, judging by my experience from Cadwell last year I’ll just get off and have a look when ever I get confused! ;)

HippoDrones
    Participant

Took it out for a test ride today to make sure the fuel pump worked and also that everything staryed together on some high speed runs and bumpy bits!

The tail which I was most worried about stayed in place but the lefthand lug on the back of the middle part of the fairing came out and flapped around a bit, job for cable ties there me thinks ;) Also the dzeus fasteners that hold the upper to the lower fairing fell out on the right hand side so I will have to replace them and use some gaffer tape to hold them in place. I may get some nut and bolts as spares incase the tape doesnt solve the problem but that would be even more fiddly to remove/replace than the dzeus fasteners. Was ver wierd not having mirrors and as there was no no-plate I felt very naughty. The Stompgrip seems like a good addition although I wasnt out longenough to get the tyres up to temp to see how far it lets me lean off the bike with confidence I’m not gonna slide off her!

DSC00098.jpg
    DSC00097.jpg
    DSC00096.jpg
    DSC00095.jpg
    DSC00094.jpg

Radar

Glad the first outing on “private roads” (obviously!) went well!

HippoDrones
    Participant

had to do it, even tho it was a bad idea as it would be a real pain on trck to find bits not stayin in place!

Digger
    Participant

Looking good pete,what about a chain gaurd thingy,dont know how much they are but I imagine its only cheap.

katana
    Participant

Pete, the bike looks great.

Who did you get to do your graphics? – I’m going to need some for the Scumball.

HippoDrones
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Digger

Looking good pete,what about a chain gaurd thingy,dont know how much they are but I imagine its only cheap.

[?]Ummm, the bikes got a chain guard??? What you mean?[?]

quote:

Originally posted by katana

Pete, the bike looks great.

Who did you get to do your graphics? – I’m going to need some for the Scumball.

I got the Gixerjunkies decals off the owner of GJ’s, I don’t think he does them himself tho but when you know what your requirments are I can give you his email addy! The “Redcar Suzuki” decals came from my mate who sold me the bike at Redcar Suzuki. The number boards came from a member on there and the track maps came from another member.

Oh and thanks everyone for the feedback!

Now I just gotta get it on track [;)]

Digger
    Participant

The chain gaurd that goes over the bottom of the chain,its attached at the swing arm.Cant put any pics up but you can see them on all race bikes or track day hire bikes.Its like a heel plate but it protects your foot from going into the chain and wheel if you have a spill.

HippoDrones
    Participant

Ahh right, think I know what you mean :) Possibly but have spent enough on it for the moment lol, (I said the same when I bought my old Arlen Ness suit when the sales guy asked if I wanted a back protector so with hindsight maybe I should follow your advice after Cadwell last April!)

Radar

Kat, check out Mat Splat who is doing the Mongolia adventure ride on a CBR1000, he has had graphics added to his bike too. Not sure if it was a Uk company though as he is based in Belgium.

https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/matt-splat-says-hello/

https://www.mongolia-or-bust.eu/

Pete, sounds like Digger’s suggestion about the chain guard is a good one; we don’t want you mangled anymore!!

I bet you can’t wait to try it out in anger on the track now!

HippoDrones
    Participant

Am really looking forward to the 28th now, just need to sort out those bits that I mentioned from the test ride :)

HippoDrones
    Participant

The van is coming along now… It has stopped over heating since I poured 4 litres of water into the rad [:I]

and now is a bit more noticable from all the other white vans [:o)][:p]

n677378932_718016_6960.jpg

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Digger
    Participant

COOL!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.