A slow moving project GSX-R

Home Forums Jap stuff A slow moving project GSX-R

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

Had a first attempt at fitting my track fairings today!

Need to drill a few holes and tidy some excess fiberglass up but looks pretty good imo, not gonna fit all the bits I’ve got tho as they not really needed and they are fiddly bits to fit!

DSC00007a.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00009-1.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00015a.jpg

DSC00016a.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00019-2.jpg

DSC00020-1.jpg

DSC00021-2.jpg

DSC00023-1.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

DSC00027-1.jpg

Radar

Making good progress there Pete, I have added this to the recommended post list

https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/great-posts-pics-across-the-site-part-2/

How are you storing all the original bits?

HippoDrones
    Participant

Am not keeping the bike just for trackdays, gonna be used on the road too so will swap them round as and when it suits! Road fairings back on now actually, am off to Devonport dockyard on Wed and the roads down there are so good would be criminal not to bring me bike down with me ;)

imperialdata
    Keymaster

All up and running then Pete, I thought it was a slow moving project!?

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by imperialdata

All up and running then Pete, I thought it was a slow moving project!?

I was thinking the same thing!

Are you joining the rideout on May 11th? Check out the meetings section

HippoDrones
    Participant

will see what me diary is upto :)

Its not ready yet, needs spraying and the van still needs some bits doin. Also need to see whats up with the bikes handling, hope it was just badely balenced tyres as it was sweet before I had them fitted???

Radar

Have you checked wheel alignment?

HippoDrones
    Participant

should be spot on, have measured the distance the rear spindle is on each side with a tape measure rather than relying on the marks, Its annoying coz it was spot on before I got the tyres fitted, must say tho, I did have an absolute mare fitting both wheels both times! Its such a stupid design to do the rear, and the front was a pain coz I needed to move the bars while the front wheel was removed.

Am hoping a test ride tomoz over to Box Hill will show that its all sorted now :)

Radar

How did it go on the way to Box Hill, feel any better?

HippoDrones
    Participant

It all seems sorted now, don’t know if it was me assembling them wrong or the wheels being off balance but it all seems sorted now! :)

Radar

Glad it seems sorted bud!

HippoDrones
    Participant

Am on leave for a couple of weeks now so shall be attempting to prep and spray all the plastics and tank up… Am looking forward to giving it a go but just hope I don’t do a shoddy job! :D

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by Pete247

Am on leave for a couple of weeks now so shall be attempting to prep and spray all the plastics and tank up… Am looking forward to giving it a go but just hope I don’t do a shoddy job! :D

Looking forward to see how you progress!

HippoDrones
    Participant

Has been a while since I did anything like that so fingers crossed I do it ok, well as long as it looks good on track I am not too fussed about up close and personal like but would be nice to have somit I am not embarassed to sit on! *lol*

Radar

Any joy with the spraying yet?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.