A slow moving project GSX-R

Home Forums Jap stuff A slow moving project GSX-R

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

Well I have the bike, I have most the bits, but thought I’d start this before I started any assembly and do a rollin story!

Bought this at the end of summer:
    IMG_1285.jpg

And descovered the bikes true calling at Brands:
    SDI_2250.jpg

So decided the safest way to do this was by turning it into a track bike:
    GSXR750k7colour1.jpg

So far have pretty much got everything I need sorted parts wise:
    DSC00015.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

Have chatted with a sprayer I know and he is gonna sort the paint out for me if I get the bits to him. I have also aquired a van to transport my baby to all the ccts I can afford to do this year. It needs a lil bit of work and as I not picked it up yet I dont have any phots, but am hoping it will look a lil different with some graft from the ’95 SWB Transit Minibus it is at the mo!

Updates as they happen [:)]

Speed Monster
    Participant

Do ya need some straps Pete?? I bought a set to pick mine up. I doubt very much i’ll be needing them again. Send me a PM if you’re interested mate.

HippoDrones
    Participant

That would be awesome mate, pm sent!

Got my racing fuel cap through today too [:D]

DSC00002-2.jpg

Radar

Looking good Pete. Did you ever sell the Speed Triple? Or is the plan to keep that for road work? Let us know when you on the track would be good. Could possibly organise a ride out to hook up with one of your track days.

Looking forward to more progress reports.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Fantastic project Pete, look forward to seeing the new track missile

HippoDrones
    Participant

Big thanks to Speed Monster, catch you up Portsdown Hill in the new year!

Still got the Speedtriple but will be selling it as soon as the weather improves. The gixer will be both my road and track toy, would love to have both but I just can’t afford it right now.

My next confirmed trackday is on the 28th March up at Donny, I may try and grab a sneaky one in before at Brands but their prices have gone up which is a bitch!

Speed Monster
    Participant

You’re very welcome Pete! Will be good to meet ya mate!

Radar

I will be in Spain when you are at Donington, bugger. When is the next one?

Digger
    Participant

Great project pete,hope it all goes smooth for you.

HippoDrones
    Participant

Cheers peeps!

Now have taken possesion of my van too, thanks to a mate on gixerjunkies who gave me it! It’s a ’95 swb semi hi-top minibus. Not only was it free, it came with 7months tax and MoT AND 3/4 of a tank of diesel!!!!!

Now I can get me fairings over to my mate for spraying as soon as my fasteners turn up and I can do a proper photoshop for the paintwork on it :)

Will put some pics of the van up when I have some, talk about well and truely chuffed! :D

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Cool. Any more free vans going?[:D]

HippoDrones
    Participant

hahaha, I really landed on me feet with that one didn’t I! *lol*

HippoDrones
    Participant

have just ordered some window tints for my van to make it less obvious what could be in it, also just ordered a front paddock stand to make wheel changes lots easier too!

Yesterday I bought the most technical bit of kit ever……

…. A scafold plank to use as a ramp *lol*

Everything is coming together now which is good but am a bit annoyed with the company that has supplied me with my fairing fasteners as they have taken ages to ship them to me :(

I am now running out of time to get the fairings sprayed up and am back at work from Monday so can’t sort things during the week. Looks like I am gonna have to spray them myself which is a pain in the bum as it will not be anywhere near as good as if me mate did it and will be time and space consuming too :( :( :(

Still with every struggle beaten is a more satisfying reward! :D

HippoDrones
    Participant

Thought I’d better put some phots up of the van in a before and after type thing too [;)]

Have got some silver window tint stuff on order from ebay, then need to get some decals off GJ’s for down the side etc:

DSC00021-1.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

DSC00019-1.jpg

Radar

I hope you can find a spot to give Thebikeforum a mention. You might have to use a paint pen as we don’t have any stickers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.