’09 Husqvarna SM510R Review

Home Forums Supermoto and off-road ’09 Husqvarna SM510R Review

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

Got her valeted today, she looks fantastic and is actually cleaner than when I picked it up!

16092010458.jpg

The company that sorted the valet is called “Attention 2 Detail” and their web site is: https://www.a2d.co.uk/

they are on Facebook too: https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/attention-2-detail/114533548589838?v=info&ref=ts

Radar

Looks great Pete, you will miss that baby even though the new beastie looks great fun too.

How is the van doing these days?

HippoDrones
    Participant

The van is tops mate, needs a service tho, got it just over a year ago with 27k miles on it, now got over 60k miles!

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by Pete247

The van is tops mate, needs a service tho, got it just over a year ago with 27k miles on it, now got over 60k miles!

That is some going! My car is doing 2500 miles a month. Life on the road! Ever miss the ZS?

HippoDrones
    Participant

not really, do wish I had a car tho. Kinda miss my Fiesta so if I ever decide to go back to cars I may get a 2l 150bhp ST, although I’d prefer this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLIgcoc4EXo

HippoDrones
    Participant

With the 300 build I have neglected the 510, tried starting it and its not got any spark and it seems to have lost some electrics [:(]

We think its to do with its immobiliser not deactivating properly so I guess it is gonna have to go back to Huskysport to get them to have a look at it. I might ask them to remove it as it has been trouble before and its auto arm is a pain in the bum even when it works properly lol.

I also think I have found the problem with it stalling, the fuel pump has a clip held in place in the tank with a cable tie… this slips and allows the feed tube to move stopping fuel entering. I have put another tie nearer the clip and hopefully that will cure that problem at least.

Had hoped to ride it this weekend, but if anything happens with it it’ll be loading it into the van toget it over to the dealers… I may bring it to work on Friday and drop it in on the way home as that will reduce the distance to the shop a little bit (3hr round trip from home which would need to be done twice once to drop off and again to collect)

HippoDrones
    Participant

Have been having some fuelling problems with my FI SM510R, HuskySport replaced the fuel pump foc and also spent a couple of hours tinkering with the mapping etc and so far it seems spot on. Was wet this morning so didn’t go far, certainly felt crisper on the throttle and so far no stalling at junctions.

Am keeping my fingers crossed that the tank range isn’t too greatly reduced with the Lambda Sensor removed :D

Got some handguards from them as well while I was down there:

ad3166e6.jpg

HippoDrones
    Participant

Tis lovely out today, amma gonna go see if the bike being “full power” actually makes any difference other than in fuel consumption, be good to see if the different weather causes any grumbles in the FI as well [:)]

Radar

How did you get on?

HippoDrones
    Participant

ummm, think this is the only way to describe it:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha…. breath…. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha…….. [:D]

The fuelling is spot on, its so much crisper and feels a lot more perky. It doesn’t pop and bang as much as it used to which I liked before but would rather it ran better than burped and farted! lol [:D]

It does now seem to make riding even more naughty now tho so is def a more giggles per mile than before. It so far hasn’t stalled at junctions or roundabouts either so hopefully is fully fixed now :)

Silly little moto [:D]

Radar

Glad it seems to be better!

How is the 300 doing?

HippoDrones
    Participant

Not ridden it for a bit, been waiting till I got up here so I could get the 320mm disc home to see if it fits, the bracket costs £90 so didn’t wanna buy it blind :)

imperialdata
    Keymaster

quote:

Originally posted by Pete247

ummm, think this is the only way to describe it:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha…. breath…. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha…….. [:D]

[:D]

That sounds good to me!

HippoDrones
    Participant

YUPPERS!!! [:D]

HippoDrones
    Participant

Well it has already been proven how well this bike does on tarmac at Brands Hatch up against 1000cc superbikes so I felt it only right to compare it against my 200 KTM in the mucky stuff. This is the lane I went down all but in blazing heat with no wet or frozen bits like in this vid:

https://www.qwerf.com/greenlaning/byway.php?id=168

14f0cdda.jpg
    1461b4c6.jpg
    d5eb8277.jpg

The lane was nice and dry so wasn’t too challenging, but was quite sandy in places which had me wobbling about a lil bit but was only un-nerving rather than scary….

Oh, did I mention I was running cut slicks rather than the wets I’d been using all winter? [:D]

4444ae31.jpg
    1a2ece14.jpg

The big 4T single had so much torque it made it easy, all I had to do was hold on and point it where I wanted to go. I was not going fast and was just above tick over most of the way there and back but never struggled for drive even in the slightly deeper sandy bits. I still managed a couple of lil jumps but nothing to set the world on fire.

Was a really fun way to fill an hour, and I was so surprised how well the tyres gripped.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.