’09 Husqvarna SM510R Review

Home Forums Supermoto and off-road ’09 Husqvarna SM510R Review

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

you are all so very kind! lol [:D]

Popped out again this eve for a little blat, am now 1/10th run in [:)] Am gonna give it a few more beans next ride, still stay away from full throttle tho. I really can’t stress just how light this bike is to ride, its almost like the bike isn’t there, especially with the riding position, even sat down unless you look sharply down you can’t even see the bike. You know you are on one tho… or it could be a skinny scafold plank lol, the seat is hard, narrow and flat, my backside is suffering and I just don’t care coz this bike is totally BONKERS, can’t wait for full power! [:D]

HippoDrones
    Participant

More saddle time today, took a couple of vids this trip, have edited out some cheeky bits, but am sure you’ll be abe to see from them that once run in the bike is going to be very naughty indeed! :D

Totally love it and am so glad I bit the bullet and finally got myself exactly what my heart was begging for even tho my head was saying “no, no No No NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!” [:D]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yefJdnVz4Pg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3zwUDSp2Vs

Hopefully by the time you view it the quality will have improved, Youtube is getting worse tho, may stop using it if they dont fix up

Radar

The Husky looks like it is much better suited to those types of roads than the GSXR750 ever would be! Is that the standard exhaust too? It sounds really fruity for a stock system!

Did you see this video clip of Husky riders on the web:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViwaepHyPxY&NR=1

They blitzed a few sports-bike riders and the road in the last 6 mins of the video looked amazing

Did you ever sell the Gixxer btw?

HippoDrones
    Participant

yeah definitely more suited to these roads up here [:D] Yup, std zorsts, they pop and bang quite a lot in the flesh that don’t really show up in the vids :)

Just having a lookski now

The gixer is possibly being sold in the next few days hopefully

max
    Participant

morning[:D]
    cant sleep[|)]
    anyway…. looks and sounds nice bud

HippoDrones
    Participant

cheers Max [:D]

katana
    Participant

Bike sounds great Pete.

What helmet cam are you using?

HippoDrones
    Participant

this is the closest I can find on ebay for my camera:

ebay item 350284766062

The vid quality on youtube is no way near as good as it comes out the camera, I shrunk the file to reduce the upload time and youtube also loses resolution

HippoDrones
    Participant

Went out for a little spin this eve before it got dark, bike is still totally bonkers and getting more so, LOVE IT!!! [:D]

03032010449.jpg

03032010450.jpg

03032010451.jpg

03032010452.jpg

03032010454.jpg

03032010455.jpg

03032010456.jpg

03032010458.jpg

03032010459.jpg

Radar

Superb pics pete

HippoDrones
    Participant

you can see where I work in the last pic too

TT07
    Participant

Agree, superb pics. We won’t tell anyone about where the last pic is. Guess you’ll be going “missing” again soon.

HippoDrones
    Participant

I’m not going missing now for a while, have been medically downgraded coz of my shoulder :(

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Don’t tell them your hobby or you’ll be upgraded again!

HippoDrones
    Participant

they know all about the bikes and the horses, they not too chuffed lol

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.