’09 Husqvarna SM510R Review

Home Forums Supermoto and off-road ’09 Husqvarna SM510R Review

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

Well however fantastic a bike maybe, there is always something that lets it down…

In this case its not the bikes fault but the Acumen alarm/immobiliser and it picked the nicest time to give me grief:

17032010474.jpg

17032010473.jpg

17032010475.jpg

17032010476.jpg

Fortunately I was mostly uphill from the main road so coasted the bike to the bottom and after some flapping about the bike blipped and peeped and a quick flash of the indicators and the fuel pump once again primed. It stopped once I got back onto base too so when it goes in for its first service it will probably be having the alarm removed as most of the roads I am riding on don’t have much in the way of phone signal.

Other than that the ride was awesome, wish I’d had my helmet cam as found some wicked lil tracks, def need wets fitted tho if heading to the slippy stuff.

Talking of tyres, the ones fitted are flippin super duper sticky, never have I felt so confident on the tarmac on a set of tyres, even my previous fav the Maxxix Supermax Sports are nothing on these, but they last a bit longer tho. Think by the time I get to the first service I may well be needing a new rear!!! :O Yup thats a rear tyre nearly worn out in 500miles and I’m running the bike in! lol [:D]

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Great stuff Pete, glad you’re getting some miles in.

500 miles out of a rear when running in though! Was going to ask what make the stock Husky tyres are, I’m thinking they’re probably made out of old pencil erasers…..

HippoDrones
    Participant

Can’t remember off the top of my head whats fitted as std on the 09 SMR. Will have a look if I remember next time I go out on it :)

Radar

500 miles!!!

HippoDrones
    Participant

yup, they not dead yet but getting that way! [:D]

Radar

God knows how long they will last once you get serious!

HippoDrones
    Participant

Bike is now booked in for first service, also getting them to look into the alarm/immobiliser issues I’ve been having. Hopefully they will get to the bottom of them and I’ll actually trust the thing to not leave me stranded like it did again yesterday.

The bike is sooooo flappin brill tho, totally love it to bits :D

HippoDrones
    Participant

Had the service carried out, nearly had a heart attack at the cost tho lol £225!

They also replaced the alarm, hopefully it will behave itself now [:D]

Took the bike for a spin after, found some nice b roads and had a right hoot, I also nearly ended up biting tarmac on my way home as I pulled up to a set of lights, was only using one finger on the front brake but it had the rear wheel lifting skywards, no idea how high it went but was very well balanced and got me a thumbs up from another car at the lights, just wish I could have said it was on purpose lol.

This is my 500mile old rear:
    15042010021.jpg

and another gratuitous phot of the bike [:D]
    15042010022a.jpg

Radar

You look shorter than I remember Pete…

HippoDrones
    Participant

lol, its a good job I gave up smokin when I did lol [:D]

HippoDrones
    Participant

Although I’m not able to ride for a while yet I’ve been spending on the bike ready for when I can ride again :)

Have now got a supposedly 35mm lower seat which is even harder but will hopefully make traffic light stoppies a bit easier to get my feet down after :D

have got a new stand to put the bike on as my mx one was too tall and some hand guards and also a set of road legal wet tyres, which are meant to be good enough for some off road work too so think a trip to Ginger’s Farm is on the cards once I’m riding again [:D]

I fitted the axle sliders that I had on my gixer too so it has some protection if I bin it on the tarmac.

I’ve been looking at lots of carbon bling for it too but that is rather expensive to do all the bits I want to so will have to hang fire on them for a bit :)

Mutant1.jpg
    https://www.dunlop-tires.com/dunlop_euen//tyre_range/motorcycles/on_road/supermoto/sportmax_mutant/

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190379461239&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_912

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300375712468&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1725wt_895

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180476948805&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_912

imperialdata
    Keymaster

mmmm dimples….

Axle sliders are a good idea, worth putting any more protection on?

HippoDrones
    Participant

am on the process (postie dependant) of making some zorst protectors and will get some foot peg sliders too at somepoint :)

Radar

Did they turn up Pete

HippoDrones
    Participant

have made the zorst protectors and fitted the peg sliders. I ordered some UFO handguards but they don’t fit and have had some issues with the supplier trying to sort the correct ones. Am gonna send the whole lot back tho as it don’t look like he can supply the correct brackets for them. Will try another manufacturer for them

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.