Scooters CBT Diary

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Scooters CBT Diary

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    ScooterChic
    Participant

i was thinking about giveing up rideing scooter.After falling off scooter for the 3rd time and hurting my left knee,ribs and right wrist and elbow.
    it was while i was riding scooter in the hail.

but still got cbt booked for the 19 april.[:I][V]

Gix
    Participant

Dont give up, you’re so close, the weather yesterday was terrible and its hardly surprising you struggled to keep bike upright, I struggled and I have been riding for years.[:0]

HippoDrones
    Participant

Don’t let it get you down girl. Confidence builds with time and after a bit you wont even remember why you felt like this!

Chin up and helmet on, thats what I say

R6_Bird
    Participant

oh hon don’t give up!! I done my CBT & DAS on the coldest days in Jan this year- in rain and one occasion snow! i came away with huge bruises from dropping the ER5 and got really down after one lesson half way through course. i’m so glad i didn’t give up, it’s honestly the best thing i’ve done…we’re all here to support you…believe in yrself and yr confidence will grow…one of the best gestures that kept me on track was my housemate making sure a nice hot bubble bath was waiting for me after every full day on bike…bliss!!

Big_Katz
    Participant

O scooter what are we gonna do with ya.
    no u shouldn’t give up
    yes u have had a few mishaps but that also teaches u how 2 handle the bike better.
    u’d be a fool if you gave up and also would regret it.
    u have come so far in so little time.
    keep up the good work m8
    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Kezzr
    Participant

Hi Scooterchic,Sorry to hear about yor little mishap, don’t give up, get yourself mended and give it another go, all the good times to come will easily outway this one.

GSF K1
    Participant

Scooterchick.. dont go letting either yourself or US down.. otherwise I’ll send “the boys” round!!!

We’re counting on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ScooterChic
    Participant

thanks guys for all your surpport you have made me cheer up.
    i feel better today only my knee and wrist hurts.so i made up my mind i will do the cbt and try not to let you down or myself.
    as i said thanks guys.

LeviathanRan
    Participant

I remember my first crash, it was my first day on my new bike and a Mini bus pulled out in front of me and caused me to hit the back/left side of the thing, took me about 1 month before i could “walk” and 2 more months before I could walk again Pain free, but my leg is still numb on the knee joint where I landed, doc says that’s going to take about 12 months to heal :(

Of course merely dropping the bike at low speed is just something we all do together as bikers

After all, there’s only two types of bikers

Those that have, and those that will.

My first day back on a bike after the crash, was 5 months down the line and I had to go thru a busy town centre and up a busy 60mph dual carriageway.
    I almost bottled it and asked to go home, but I had a long think at the side of the road and decided if I quit now then I’ll only dishonours myself, and now I’m fine again!

My bike is getting picked up on Thursday and should be fixed by next week and I’ll be out n about and hopefully safe hehe :)

ScooterChic
    Participant

glad you are on the mend leviathanran.my scooter is only 2 months old and got a bit of damage.

LeviathanRan
    Participant

I prefer to call them “Battle-scars” sounds a lot cooler than ” a scratch cos i fell off” haha :D

Big_Katz
    Participant

think that was a bit 2 much pressure on scooter gsf k1 no she shouldn’t b doing it 4 us. she should b doing it 4 herself. which i know damn well she’s capable of.
    glad u have changed ur mind scooter well done hun.[:)]
    keep biking it worth it in the end

sid
    Participant

sandie you’ve invested too much time and effort to give up just think of the plans you have for when you pass
    there probably will be more minor setbacks but dont give up you owe it to yourself to keep at it[:D]

ScooterChic
    Participant

well i will not be doing cbt on 19 april because nig insurance will not insurer scooter till i get my cbt.so i have at to cancel it.and have deside not to give it another go.its not worth the bother.and i am just fed up about it all.

i will let you now if i change my mined.

LeviathanRan
    Participant

noooooooooo just do the CBT on one of their scoots! it’s pretty much the same!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.