Pyrennes planning thread

Home Forums Biking abroad Pyrenees, France Pyrennes planning thread

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Radar

The Tuesday to Tuesday thing could be a problem for me and the amount of days holiday I would need to book. I think it cpould be as many as eight, which I would struggle with.

The accomodation looks perfect, so I am keem tp nail this down too

Champs
    Participant

It’s not Tuesday to Tuesday because your sitting on a ferry either side of that.

That’s the options unless we move the date completely or run through France.

Radar

It’s not Tuesday to Tuesday because your sitting on a ferry either side of that.

That’s the options unless we move the date completely or run through France.

Yep thats why I would need to book Mon- Fri one week and then mon to weds the next week, hence the eight days. Thnks for looking into this so well, much appreciated. I am desperate to do this run.

Champs
    Participant

The only other option is then France run. Gives us freedom to move when we want

Radar

The only other option is then France run. Gives us freedom to move when we want

True, time for a think, I know Ses is not keen on the French option and I had reaaly wanted to do the ferry into Santander and do that road to Burgos

Champs
    Participant

Has thumper or mads got any preference?

For the record, I am not overly bothered

Radar

Has thumper or mads got any preference?

For the record, I am not overly bothered

I am not sure about Thumper, but if we have to do the France thing lets find the most interesting route. Happy to stay overnight en-route in a B&B or similar

Thumper
    Participant

Radar mentioned the 8 days of holiday needed to use the ferry.
    Really not very keen on riding all through France and back.
    Trouble is, I’m not keen on missing out on Les Pyrennes either!

I will have a little think and throw some other options into the pot for pondering.

One way on the Boat maybe? – Fly / Ride? – Put bikes in Van  – Different boat return, etc etc

On the bright side – it sounds like we need another curry to talk it over :-)

Radar

Seriously I think we do need another planning curry, we had best with Ses’s Mom for the dates though!

Is there an option where we come back by the ferry?

Champs
    Participant

Forget the curry, it’s too rushed between arriving at the house then going on from there

How about we order a couple of pizzas and sit down with a laptop and a map and iron a solid plan out

Mads
    Participant

Forget the curry, it’s too rushed between arriving at the house then going on from there

How about we order a couple of pizzas and sit down with a laptop and a map and iron a solid plan out

I agree with this approach. Leave the ladies at home and sort this out ASAP. Happy to host it this time if people like and that way a bit closer for Champs to travel.

Champs
    Participant

a bit closer for Champs to travel.

Always thinking of others! :)

Mads
    Participant

a bit closer for Champs to travel.

Always thinking of others! :)

Only takes me 15mins to get to Kiddi  and would save me having to clean the house so definitely thinking of you matey!  :P  ;)

ses310

I’m not that keen on riding through France but happy to if it’s the only real option. If we do I’d like to possibly stop somewhere interesting on the way down to make it feel more worthwhile.
    I am happy to go with the general consensus on the matter.
    We can have a meet up at Radar’s again I’m sure and as you say just order some pizza, or happy to meet anywhere really.

Champs
    Participant

Hiring a van isnt really an option, lets just say I did the math and its not pretty. £900 + to get 3 people and 6 bikes over.

Another option is riding (revised version)

Untitled.jpg

Kidderminster to Portsmouth = 160 miles x 40 mpg @ £1.35 litre = £24.55 (£49.10 return)

Portsmouth to St Malo on the ferry = £948 / 6 = £158 each return (first quote)

St Malo to Tarbes = 494 miles x 40 mpg @ 1.35 litre = £75.79 (£151.58 return)

Totals £358.68 + random hotel in France somewhere and maybe portsmouth

This little trip is getting expensive!!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.