Pyrennes planning thread

Home Forums Biking abroad Pyrenees, France Pyrennes planning thread

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Champs
    Participant

We will need half the curry house! :)

Radar

Toggs and Gix can’t make it, so I have booked a table for 12

Radar

Ses has forgotten about it! Hopes to join us anyway, but we will press on regardless

Champs
    Participant

Ses has forgotten about it! Hopes to join us anyway, but we will press on regardless

I heard his mommy had cooked him dinner and wasn’t allowed out to play :P

Mads
    Participant

good to see you all last night. just done a quick search re: ferries and get the following:

Route Depart Arrive/Duration
    Portsmouth to Santander
      2 of 4 berth outside cabin Fri 21 Jun 13 17:00 17:30 23hr 30min
    Santander to Portsmouth
      2 of 4 berth outside cabin Sat 29 Jun 13 20:30 19:45 24hr 15min

£1,328.00 for 7 people. I don’t think that is any cheaper than what Champs found though? The only problem I’ve found is that I could not select motorcycle for 7 people as it says that is one motorcycle for all 7. If I do a search for one person then it is £558 per person. I think it might be better to ring up and speak to someone to see the best deal. I will try and do that later today.

Mads
    Participant

update: the company isn’t open on weekends. However, it seems only Brittany Ferries do that crossing so went to their website to get a quote for 7 motorcycles….

£2356 = £356 per person

Champs
    Participant

Bloody hell, that’s a few quid! I will get on with plan F version 4 ? and look at a route through France, just in case. We can compare plans then.

Champs
    Participant

Who’s the 7 people? I count 6.

Mads
    Participant

new price with 6 people (was counting Tony’s friend from Malta for some reason)….

£2028 = £338 per person

Still not cheap.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Guys, I get a discount with Brittany Ferries, let me know before you book anything and I’ll check what I can get knocked off for you. They changed the rules a bit recenty so I would need to check up on what crossings are discounted.

Mads
    Participant

thanks Imperial. Can you check the above dates for us please?

one way that it can be a little cheaper is not to have cabins – that would knock off just over £400 from the total. However, a 24hr crossing without a bed to sleep on will certainly not be good for our backs.

Radar

Good research troops!

Remember to off set the fuel costs, trye wear and accomodation for going across France twice.

Good to see you again Mads and meet Rachel.

@Champs, Ses had been naughty and he had to stay in and eat all of his tea! 

Mads
    Participant

How about the following:

Route Portsmouth to Bilbao Bilbao to Portsmouth
    Departure Sun 23 Jun 2013 22:30 Tue 2 Jul 2013 10:30
    Arrival Tue 25 Jun 2013 07:45 Wed 3 Jul 2013 09:15

£1338 = £223 each but again, does not include any cabins. The only other thing is that it means having to book an extra 2 days off work.

Edit: with cabins, it comes to £1758 = £293 each

Champs
    Participant

If the ferry is 24 hour crossing, then if we leave at 2230 then surely we land at 2230… Which is at night

Mads
    Participant

yes, good point. no idea what is going on there – i just copied and pasted the whole thing across. maybe there is a stop-off somewhere?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.