forum meet…strattford 1/5/05 SUN

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe forum meet…strattford 1/5/05 SUN

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

I couldnt borrow a bike, only insured for my own, not worth the risk. Could have used a GSXR1100 if I was insured for it, but with my luck I would smash it or it would get nicked or I would blow engine or sommething….

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, Vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, what a ride!

suck_animated.gif

Sidevalve
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by GSF K1

Hey Radar.. you could always lend Gix the RS!!!!

To “ERR” is natural.. to really fowl things up needs a politician!!

What about the YPVS Radar??

RD = Race Developed

PINGU
    Participant

sorry i could’nt make it today folks, hope you all had a great time and lots of ice cream!!!
    maybe next time.

Gix
    Participant

Some pics from the meet at Stratford…..

The Navigation Inn. Seems to be a bike missing…..

forum_stratford_001.jpg

then it was on to Stratford to fill up on bagauttes from a baguette barge and of course ice cream from the famouse ice cream barge….
    mmmmmmmmmmmmm food……….
    (dunno who that strange looking friar type fello is but he got a prayer mat out on the grass shortly after pic was taken….[:D]

forum_stratford_004.jpg

and then prezzo just had to spoil our hard biker image…..tea out of a cup and saucer….you could have at least slurped it out the saucer prezzo!

forum_stratford_007.jpg

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, Vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, what a ride!

suck_animated.gif

katana
    Participant

More Piccys from Stratford

Toggs and Gix at the Roll-Up barge
    05271918e287c721d1acc8636eefb27bc27639b915ffeac5bd1a9d75.jpg

Diggers R1 and Prezzo’s R1/7
    864806928c529cf9acc85792c04b0a8dccfb34ca97d6508726496bea.jpg

Radar’s TCat, GSF K1’s Bandit, My Kat, Diggers R1
    76371839ff51253ed7d2161d52e993a829e9443613941c94b0dd4d22.jpg

My Kat, Digger’s R1, Prezzo’s R1/7, Thumper’s Zephyr, Toggsy’s ZX (only slightly obscured by Radar)
    396623431f9a46fe028f38eaa7dbbadddffaffac0492b50286affca7.jpg

Donut – I mean DONATE!

logospin.gif

Digger
    Participant

what a great day,I really enjoyed meeting some of the forum,maybe next time a few more.Me and prezzo clocked over 300 miles and have the aches to prove.Did everyone get home ok?…

Take it easy out there

speedy claire
    Participant

Glad you all had a good time and hope you all got home safe…….. i`ll come on the next ride out as long as i`m not working! Prezzo is that a medal from the London marathon round your neck or are you a secret medallion man??

Don`t ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Radar

Superb day out. Thanks one and all. How about a race meet next??

Donate – Or Imperial Data will have you sorted!

Gix
    Participant

Was great but I er…I aint takin bike out till next meet up hheheehehe, best not risk it eh?[;)]

suck_animated.gif

Gix
    Participant

Oh and digger….cheers for the galaxy!
    Suppose you will be after some pics now then…….??????[:D]

suck_animated.gif

Digger
    Participant

yes please

Take it easy out there

Radar

Following up the successful forum ride out to Bassetts Pole a few weeks ago, the latest get together saw eight members on seven bikes discovering the delights of sunny Stratford upon Avon in Warwickshire.

The meeting up point today was the canal-side Navigation pub in the picturesque village of Wootton Wawen on the A3400 about 6 miles from Stratford itself. I rocked up first on my T Cat after a steady 25 mile ride from home on damp and skippy roads, next to roll up about 30 minutes later was GSF K1 on his Suzuki GSF600K1. He had come the best part of 90 miles from the outskirts of Peterborough. Katana then arrived on his GSX750E Katana Street-fighter which looked well considering it has been flattened by a van only a couple of days ago in a car park! Katana had come about 15 miles or so for the meet and GSF was looking odds on for the distance award when we heard the bark of a race piped R1 in the distance. Moments later Digger (Yamaha YZF R1) and Prezzo (Yamaha YZFR1/7 special) arrived from Skelmersdale up der in “Scouser” land. Well over 125 miles away. Last to arrive were Toggs (Kawasaki ZX6R complete with expensive indicator screws), and Thumper with Gixerchic on his Kawasaki ZR550 Zephyr. Gixerchic’s GSX-R600 couldn’t come out to play, because not content with being attacked by a Fiat Punto, having her engine going bang she now had a puncture in her (brand new), back tyre. This is a girl that needs a change in luck!!

We wiled away a pleasant hour here supping away at Thumper’s expense (cheers mate) and it was good to see people who had only met “virtually” before all getting on well.

Then it was off to Stratford itself with Thumper and Gixer leading and me on the T cat sweeping up at the back of our 7 bike convoy. Traffic was heavy and the ride wasn’t anything special in itself, but good to see so many forum members out together. Katana, Toggs and Prezzo were going in for the “I’ve got the noisiest pipe” competition. Difficult to say, but I think Toggs just edged it. Still hushed in comparison to his old ZZR400 pipe, now that was LOUD.

In Strafford the local council has stopped bikers parking alongside the canal basin as had been the tradition for many, many years. However in fairness they have provided a dedicated bike park nearby. We all stuck our machines in there joining the usual array of bikes you see at these meets. However standing out for me there were two Honda NC30s and a RC45, even now these bikes look the business and they sounded wonderful when they fired up.

We headed straight for the canal side area and the by now legendary baguette and ice cream barges. Katana’s wife and son joined us at this point for a while too, so that is what he keeps under his seat! (Check the forum if you want to “get” this joke!). With the sun splitting the stones, and the grassy lawns surrounding the basin bustling with bikers and American tourists (“Is Bill Shakespeare here today?”), we enjoyed chilling out and discussing where to go next. Even the lousy street entertainer didn’t seem too bad on a day like this. Perfect.

After a discussion around a map we decided to head for Moreton-on-the-Marsh. So back to the bikes and we headed off in a convoy once more. Traffic was continuing to hinder things a bit, but after we left the A3400 and turned on to the A429 thinks eased the roads got significantly better. Prezzo with 184 bhp to play with picked up the pace and Digger and Toggs promptly joined in whilst Katana, Thumper, GSF and I opted for a more gentle pace and soaked up the stunning views.

After a brief halt at Moreton to reform the convoy it was decided to head for Broadway on the A44. This time the three fly boys really got moving and when you see the quality of the roads it is easy to see why. Well surfaced and nice mixture of fast open sweepers and some tighter sections, plunging quite sharply downhill in places. All around the countryside is beautiful, how everybody pictures England should look.

GSF had a moment when overtaking a Laguna when the blind berk at the wheel pulled across on him just as he was overtaking. I was behind and it was not nice to watch. Understandably we took it steady into Broadway itself and joined the rest at a pub in the main street. Now if you have never been to Broadway do try to get there sometime as it is a beautiful village, the only downside being that it over run by tourists.

Here Digger stumped up for the drinks (Cheers), and Prezzo the very model of sophistication, took afternoon tea on the pavement outside the pub. Complete with dainty milk jug. Hard lot us bikers you know!

From here GSF, Thumper, Toggs and Gixer headed home whilst Prezzo, Digger and I followed Katana back to his house in nearby Evesham for (another), cuppa.

I rounded off my ride out with a fun blast along a tasty section of the A44 in company with Prezzo and Digger from Evesham to the M5 junction near Worcester. This stretch is punctuated by a series of islands and some inviting sweeping bends. I was really enjoying myself, when Digger signalled his fuel was running low. We rolled off and headed into Worcester for juice.

Prezzo and Digger started the long haul home from here. All in all a superb day out, cheers to everybody and special thanks to GSF, Prezzo and Digger who came big distances to join us.

Looking forward to seeing you all next time…

Gix
    Participant

I apologize if I inadvertantly touched anyones bike yesterday[:0]. Thumper I am sorry if anything happens to your bike now I have been on it, and ID…can I change my username to something more appropriate?[:p][:o)]

suck_animated.gif

Radar

Jinxerchic??

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Am glad you all had a good time! Prezzo “Whats with the Pinky up drinking your cuppa? Twas a good pic whoever took that one! Nice to see some faces to put to the name. How do you post your photos into the subject? Like you’ve done here?

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 96 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.