Fastest mph [on private road.]

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Fastest mph [on private road.]

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    jayas1965
    Participant

Gix, he has. I have to admit the RD was such a hard bike to part with. I doubted myself so many times, should I keep it, should I sell it. It was pathetic! I just never used it. I had to decide if the RD was going to rise in value more than the fun I was going to have on the new ‘blade. The ‘blade won. Thankfully. I now use it for work each day, something I never did with my old ‘blade. The guy who bought it tried to haggle over the price. I almost changed my mind and kept it! I threw in some parts I had instead.
    So, now, I am going to try and beat my old fastest speed (on a private road) and see what my baby can manage.

2004 Fireblade

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by Gix

quote:

Originally posted by GSXR1000

quote:

Originally posted by Radar

https://media.putfile.com/Motorcycles

Hayabusa–220–mph

I could murder a curry

Very similar to my ‘busa. They are really really fast bikes.

Ok, so whats the digital readout between the two dials? The clip is over a minute long yet if thats the trip, he only travelled 1 mile in that time….???

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

I had another look at the clip and I think you might have a point. However would the trip still register with the front wheel in the air? Or being electronic, does the Busa pick up speedo and trop data from somewhere other than the front wheel?

I could murder a curry

Gix
    Participant

Yes it picks it up from the engine, my old 600 was the same, and so is the 1000. Speedo and trip has no cable to the front wheel.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

riff-raff
    Participant

On the Busa the speedo works via an electronic pick-up on the front sprocket………………I think[:I]

The artist formerly known as zx10

Gix
    Participant

yes I think thats how it worked on the 600, so would imagine its the same on the 1000 and the busa.

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.