Fastest mph [on private road.]

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Fastest mph [on private road.]

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    katana
    Participant

Through the dartford tunnel on the back of my mates Kwack 750 turbo at 140mph

Donut – I mean DONATE!

logospin.gif

GSXR1000
    Participant

Don’t know about the 217 mph being accurate, probably not, but the gearing and revs calculation made by TTS indicated that it might have been a true 205-208 mph.

It felt ‘OMFG HELP ME’ fast, at that speed, I can assure you.

Radar

Have you seen that Busa clip elsewhere on the site?

I could murder a curry

jayas1965
    Participant

I am new to this board so I thought I would start with the speeding section. I had a 2000 ‘blade and the fastest I ever had on a public road was 176 on the clock. Also managed 165 in the rain once but I was in a hurry, it was late (1am) so no-one was around. ’twas a mad experience.
    Just swapped my old ‘blade for a new one and so far that one has managed 172 but with so much less effort! I think it should easily pull 180. [:D]

Radar

Good stuff, and welcome to the forum. How about some piccies of the bike?

I could murder a curry

jayas1965
    Participant

Picture of my new ‘blade with the old one behind it prior to it’s sale….and thanks for the welcome.

honda-fireblade000-04-bikepics-447579.jpg

2004 Fireblade

Radar

Good looking machine!

I could murder a curry

Radar

https://media.putfile.com/Motorcycles

Hayabusa–220–mph

I could murder a curry

jayas1965
    Participant

That looks like it was speeded up it was so fast! The jump once it got to about 50 then leapt so fast up to 100. What a wheelie! I can ride fast okay but not that fast with only 1 wheel on the ground!

2004 Fireblade

jayas1965
    Participant

My old RD500LC
    yamaha-rd500-87-bikepics-447609.jpg

I had to sell my old ‘blade and my much under-used RD500LC to get the new ‘blade. I had the RD for about 9 years and put only 2000 miles on it. Stopped riding it 6 years ago! It just sat there in the garage doing nothing. Got a decent price for it and it allowed me to get the new bike without putting my hand in my pocket. Something I hate doing.

2004 Fireblade

Radar

I have just sold my RD350YPVS. Really wanted an RD500YPVS! Oh well…

I could murder a curry

Gix
    Participant

Hi Jay, welcome to the forum mate. Nice machines mate….bet Radar has been slobbering over the RD![;)]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

GSXR1000
    Participant

I had just about the first RD500 to come into the country, from Coburn and Hughes in London.

A500VUC.

Lovely bike, tuned by Stan Stephens to 110 bhp at rear wheel.

GSXR1000
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Radar

Hayabusa–220–mph

I could murder a curry

Very similar to my ‘busa. They are really really fast bikes.

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by GSXR1000

quote:

Originally posted by Radar

Hayabusa–220–mph

I could murder a curry

Very similar to my ‘busa. They are really really fast bikes.

Ok, so whats the digital readout between the two dials? The clip is over a minute long yet if thats the trip, he only travelled 1 mile in that time….???

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.