Fastest mph [on private road.]

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Fastest mph [on private road.]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Digger
    Participant

Could not beleive how fast i was going on a certian private road,i was on my ZX9R and clocked 175,the noise was unberable.After that i didnt do it again.

Take it easy out there

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Indicated just over 165 but would have been a good 155 with the speedo error I guess. Was chasing TBF member Thumper. The private road name escapes me for the minute.

Was it a nice pipe on the ZX9 or are they naturally noisy at that speed?

Digger
    Participant

I had titanium blue flame fitted and dynojetted,i put the standed can back on as i partexed the ZX9 for the R1,so i have a can for 98ZX9C1 for sale if anyones interested.

Take it easy out there

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Lo Digger, I bet that blew the cobwebs out! Got to Boxhill but it was rather cold cause the fog didnt lift, like yesterday, but got a bit of sun on the journey home. So had a good blat!

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

Scouser
    Participant

146 on a big private road on my SuzukiGSX1100F. Road was just a grey carpet blurred, but could still make out the shagpile! My head was buffeted like mad, but then I raised the powerscreen at 140 and the bike took off, so I flew to Denmark for the day? (no I don’t do drugs!LOL)

Be seen and be Safe!

toggsy
    Participant

I’m afraid TBF Member Thumper was the reason for my top speed on a private road too,(A theme here I think) he took his S Type up to his top speed in excess of 130, (Picture proof available), it seemed rude not to go past him, nudged 155, and that was fast enought for me, and probably the bike too. 175 must have been pretty awsome…..My head was buffetting GOD knows what your’s was like…..

towcrowe
    Participant

183 on prezzo”s, would not do more than 160 on my own though, would not like to damage it.

your ma

prezzo
    Participant

194/6 on my R1 on my way from france to Berlin but 166 in 3rd gear on diggers screams a lot still….its only Diggers

Paul

Dont forget to Donate !!!

speedy claire
    Participant

140 on my CBR, could have gone faster but was answering my mobile!!!!!!!!

Don`t ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

prezzo
    Participant

speedy got no hands free kit ?

Paul

Dont forget to Donate !!!

speedy claire
    Participant

no fraid I haven`t!!

Don`t ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Radar

Fastest I’ve been is running up the garden chased by my Mum having smashed the Kitchen window with a football! I was running at a least 200mph!! She still caught me though!
    On a bike somewhre in the mid 140’s on FZ750, VF1000 and YZF600 on a variety of private test tracks.
    Went faster still as a pillion on a (then) new 1990 ZX10. Somewhere north of 160 mph.

Donate – Or Imperial Data will have you sorted!

Thumper
    Participant

I’ve seen Radar go faster to the canteen at tea break.

Gix
    Participant

172mph![:0] On a private road of course…God I love my new bike![:D]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

GSXR1000
    Participant

In order of motorcycling decades (I am an old git).

1970s=Suzuki GS1000 (Yoshimura tuned)=Indicated 153mph.
    1980s=Moto Martin CBX (Tuned) =Indicated 171mph.
    1990s=Yamaha R1 (Mostly standard) =Indicated 190mph.
    2000s=Suzuki Hyabusa (Turbo-charged) =Indicated 217mph.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.