tyres

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe tyres

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Let us know how you get on Champs

Champs
    Participant

Just waiting for Fedex to arrive! I am guessing it may be tomorrow now. Then will get them swapped at the weekend at the local scammy-bastard bike shop :)

Radar

Which one is most local to you Champs??

Champs
    Participant

Sheldon Motorcycles, or I may venture over to Wheelhouse in Coleshill

edit: I am sorry if I upset anyone who reads this from Sheldon Motorcycles, but you can be a bit mardy sometimes!

Champs
    Participant

So, I have an apology. My mate took my wheels and his wheels down to get all 4 tyres swapped to our new supermaxxs down to Sheldon Motorcycles, and to be fair to the bloke there, he changed all 4 tyres and balanced them for 30quid, which I don’t think is too bad really.
    The tyres look very nice, even if the guy at Sheldons was questioning whether they are road legal. If anyone is wondering, yes they are. I checked after I saw a picture of them. haha. They look like a cut slick.
    Anyways, I won’t get a chance to test them till Sunday at the earliest, but going to get them fitted on the bike tomorrow so may bless you with some piccys!

Oh! p.s. never mentioned, but Pete, cheers for the advice. DK sold me a set for £119! 120/70 front and 180/55 rear. And my mate’s were £114, with a 120/60 front and 160/60 rear.

TT07
    Participant

Well I’ve ventured out a couple of times over this cold period and the supermaxx’s sure feel grippy when other makes would be on the limit of adhesion. I rate them A*.

HippoDrones
    Participant

They still my fav tyre, the 510 has Dunlops on at the mo, will see how I get on with them but will prob switch to the Maxxis when they wear out

Champs
    Participant

I took a day off on friday to scrub my tyres in. completed around 150miles with no real scares, once I got a bit of heat in they gripped really well. rolling on the throttle mid corner didn’t feel to nervy. the front was a bit lively occasionally but probably more down to the cold roads.
    all in all, very happy. can’t wait for the summer now!

Radar

Keep us updated Champs. I am very pleased with Maxxis tryres on the Cat, though still not done many miles or pushed them all that hard

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.