tyres

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe tyres

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Champs
    Participant

before we start I know this is more of a personal choice, but I am after some advice.

I need a new set of tyres, my current diablo corsa’s aren’t gripping very well and there’s some rubber down the middle coming away, they have done 6K and I think they are giving up soon.

anyone got any suggestions of decent tyres for a zx6r as I hear they have stopped the corsas.

something that warms up quick, gives loads of response, not massively fussed about long life but will still give some level of confidence when the british weather rains!

ideas please?

Radar
    TT07
    Participant

I’m well pleased with the Maxxis Supermaxx Sports, and the prices can be low if you shop about.

ses310

I’ll 3rd the recommendation for the maxxis

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Just watch out for the difference in Maxxis tyres, apparently there are some which are cheaper because of the build quality, non-kevlar belts I think. There is an article on here about it somewhere, sorry don’t have time to look now.

ses310

The ones to go for as TT said are the Maxxis Supermaxx Sports

Radar

Thats one I have fitted too. Few guys on the Thundercat forum have gone for them too and rate them. The none Kevlar ones are called something else I think and are very cheap

Champs
    Participant

Unanimous decision. I will add them to my santa list! :)

HippoDrones
    Participant
    HippoDrones
    Participant

They last really well yet have the most confidence inspiring grip in the wet and dry I’ve ever used. I normally get through a Pilot Power 2CT rear in aroud 1500 miles, the Maxxis rear has so far got over 2200 miles and has still got over 50% depth of tread with no sign of squaring off either. They the perfect tyre imo! [:)]

Champs
    Participant

was just looking at ordering a set of supermaxx sports, however they seem to only do 120/60 or 120/70 for the front. My current profile in 120/65. It doesn’t sound much but which one would everyone suggest. I am guessing 60 is more stable but slower to turn in and the 70 will be a bit more twitchy but quicker to turn in.
    Correct?

Radar

I would go with the 60 I think

TT07
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Champs

I am guessing 60 is more stable but slower to turn in and the 70 will be a bit more twitchy but quicker to turn in.
    Correct?

I’ve no experience of this, but web searches (which I’m sure you’ve already done)say that your right.

GSF K1
    Participant

Kawasaki were one of the very few to use a 65 front profile, which I’m advised bridgestone no longer supply. I have BT014’s on my 636 and I swear by them (not swear at them!). I went with the 120/70 and dont really notice all that much difference to be honest (not on the road anyway).

del.

Champs
    Participant

Cheers Del, will have a look at that option.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.