Speedy is up and running again!!

Home Forums Jap stuff Speedy is up and running again!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Speed Monster
    Participant

After 4 months of being out of the saddle i’ve finally got my head together after my darling better half found my new bike on auto trader last week…. A nice shiny GSXR 600 K7!!

DSC03164.jpg

DSC03165.jpg

My first impressions:

They could be summed up in two words…ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!! But she’s much more than that, A silky smooth and responsive ride. Both the pick up and handling are as sharp as a razor blade with great feed back from all departments. It’s almost as if she’s letting you know what she’s gonna do before she actually does it!! The induction growl from the air box is almost orgasmic, it sounds like there’s a pair of GPMG’s under the fuel tank when you open her up! The ZXR was fast, this is in a totally different league all together, I can’t wait to have a go on the 750 and 1000 later on!

Either way, She just feels very very very right for me!!! I have to add too, i’m so glad i went for the 600 and not the 750 given the time of year and the fair few £££££ i’ve saved on the insurance!!

You R1/ZX10R/Fireblade riders can keep them, I’VE GOT A GSXR!!!! All of you, sell them and buy a GSXR, it doesn’t matter if you have the 600, 750 or the 1000, just go and do it, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!! There’s a Gixer rider in every single one of us just screaming to get out!!!

Radar

Looks quite a beast Speedy. Hopefully you will be able to tie up with TT07, Gix and Pete247 for a bit of Gixxer feast on one the rideouts in 2008.

Keep us updated, we like a good bike review here on TBF!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Looks very nice mate!!

Speed Monster
    Participant

Thank you both. I’ve now done a grand total of 60 miles on her and had a couple of hairy moments due to the weather, just a flinch in my right wrist was enough to spin the rear up on Portsdown hill on Sunday. That caught me right off guard! Was lucky enough to be able to just roll off gently and bring her back in line. My ring piece was twitching coming back down the hill for a bit. Rode quite gingerly after that. Hardly surprising seeing as how i’m still in the “dialling myself back into it” Phase.
    I’ve started pricing up the bobbins and braided hoses and i’ll be starting to get them fitted ASAP!

On another plus side, my missus got me a cracking pair of cuff links for Xmas!!

DSC03217.jpg

Merry Xmas all! Hope it’s a gud’un for ya!!

Speed Monster
    Participant

The first two mods done today…

Washed it for the first time and removed the pillion pegs. Makes it look much tidier!

DSC03237.jpg

DSC03238.jpg

I went for spin yesterday with my usual riding buddy. We did a few miles in the New forest, this caked the underneath up nicely for me. Had to get down on my hands and knees FFS!! Never mind, it’s looking good again!![:D][:D][:D]

HippoDrones
    Participant

Looking good there Rob!

Will have to go for a spin sometime :D

Speed Monster
    Participant

You’re on Pete!! There’s loads of great roads down here, so it’s guaranteed we’ll have a great time of it!!

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Radar

Hopefully you will be able to tie up with TT07, Gix and Pete247 for a bit of Gixxer feast on one the rideouts in 2008.

just tt07 and pete, i ride alone

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by Gix

quote:

Hopefully you will be able to tie up with TT07, Gix and Pete247 for a bit of Gixxer feast on one the rideouts in 2008.

Sorry to hear this Gix, I hope you feel different come spring. I have always enjoed my motorcycling with you, even if you can show me a clean pair of heels!

Speed Monster
    Participant

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Gix

quote:

Sorry to hear this Gix, I hope you feel different come spring. I have always enjoyed my motorcycling with you, even if you can show me a clean pair of heels!

All i can say is exactly what Radar said. You are one of my favourite riding buddies Gix, i always enjoy riding with you without exception. Hope to catch up with you soon hun. All the best.

Speed Monster
    Participant

Now I’ve done nearly 1200 on her and I’m still finding out exactly what she can do handling wise, still need to get the suspension set up properly, i’m clueless on how much tweaking to do with which adjusters. She is certainly much easier to flick in a double bend than the ZXR was, (the whole “mass centralisation” thing gets m vote…it does work!!) but the ZXR stayed on the line i put her much better. Either way, i’m finding out more every time i go out on her that made the right choice! Once i’ve got her set up right, she’s gonna be perfect for me.

As with everything in life, she’s not 100% perfect, she has got a few minor niggles:

Gearbox can be a bit notchy at times, but nothing really worth writing home about.

The fueling can be a bit jerky at low revs when you roll off, again that’s not enough to really bother me, i don’t spend much time at that part of the rev range!

My ZXR had braided hoses fitted on the front. I haven’t managed to get the HEL’s fitted on the gixer yet. You can certainly feel the difference in the bite if you need to give the anchors a good tug!

The GSXR is a great bike and with just a few minor tweaks she’s gonna be awesome! I’m loving her! Here’s to many, many, many happy thousands of miles with her!!

TT07
    Participant

Glad your enjoying ‘her’ Speed Monster, I’ve enjoyed my GSXR600 since new in 1999 so much so that I just had to keep her when I “upgraded” to the GSXR1000 K7 last summer, the 600 still brings a smile and is a much more forgiving machine than the “Point and Shoot” 1000. Having said that though, the bigger machine sure has a big WOW factor.

You say “The fueling can be a bit jerky at low revs when you roll off”, the 1000 was definately the same, I know its a lot of expense, but I’ve fitted a Power Commander (imported to save ££’s) and the jerkyness has been ironed out.

We’ll have to meet up on 11th May on the Summer Ride Out.

Having owned 6 Suzi’s in total thats the make I’ve stayed with the most.

Radar

Glad to here you are enjoying the Gixxer Speedy

Here are TT07’s

GSXR600
    https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/1999-gsxr600-8-year-test/

GSXR1000TT
    https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/gsxr1000-k7-isle-of-man-tt-buying-and-riding/

And Pete 247 is making some radical changes to his 2007 GSXR750 to make it suitable for the track
    https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/a-slow-moving-project-gsx-r/

Hope to see you on May 11 and out and about in the summer ~ if we get one this year!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.