Home Forums Members’ bikes newbie

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    katana
    Participant

Are you getting anything when you try to start it?

If you’ve got a spark then it won’t be a fuse. Only electrical things I can think of that it could be is dodgy spark plug or ignition timing – still think that it is fuel/mixture related though. If you turn it over and give it a squirt of “Easystart” through the intake and it coughs then that will suggest that the electrical side is more then likely OK.

Also if you turn it over (alot) and then take out the spark plug and it is dry that point towards a fuel problem, it is wet then I’d start to look electrically.

just a thought – breather hole in petrol cap isn’t blocked is it?

E1cranker
    Participant

the tanks caps new put it on today so i dont think the beather hole is bloked altho its sothing for me to lookin to, ive tryed starting it with the cap open and nothing, it jus chugs and sounds like its straining to start

ill try n host a vid of it on youtube later or tmoz that way it makes it easyer than trying to explain in detail as im pretty naff with explanations lol

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Hiyer cranker….sorry for belated welcome lol! :) Hope you manage to sort out yer problems lol!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.