Matts current motorbikes

Home Forums Members’ bikes Matts current motorbikes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    matt splat
    Participant

Ok, im a numpty, i cant work out how post pics, so I will just tell!

1989 Suzuki GSXR750RK
    2007 BMW GS1200 ADV
    1989 Honda CBX750
    2005 Honda Monkey Bike
    1988 Honda CBR1000F
    1990 Honda MT5
    2003 Pergeot Vogue with pedals
    Pitbike
    Electric scooter

Im not allowed any more [:I]

imperialdata
    Keymaster

A varied fleet!

TT07
    Participant

Tell us more about the variety that is your fleet. As far as the bigger stuff goes were they bought because they were appealing to you and used them as workhorses and each one has a story to tell?, and subsequently you find you CANNOT let them go? You said your not allowed any more, I think if I’d asked up front “Can I have” I probably wouldn’t have been allowed ANY…………So I’ve never asked, I’ve just gone and got. Welcome to the forum.

matt splat
    Participant

Okey here goes, I spent years licking the showroom windows looking at the RK gix when it came out, only 500 were ever made. When i got divoced i promised myself one, its a unforgiving machine, totally track focused, so I retired it before I killed it, or it me. It now lives in my living room.
    The Monkey bike was 2 weeks old when my brother T-boned an Audi with it, so i got it for 200 euro, totally pimped it up hoping my wife would ride it, she sat on it, popped a massive wheely and said never again.
    The MT5 is just for larking around in the woods.
    The electric scoot is for nipping to the cornershop/bakery.

The CBX was filling a friends garage, so i got that cheap, i made it run and havent done much more with it.
    The Peugeot vogue is good for getting to work when the weather is more extreme, no suspension, all or nothing, never break, foot out in front supermotor cornering style!
    The pitbike is for racing on the Go Kart circuit, you wont find cheaper racing anywhere anyhow!!
    And my Beemer is my treat to myself because I have a disease in my spine and my riding days are numbered! So im going out in style! And its the best bike ive ever owned! And i cant believe im saying that!!

TT07
    Participant

I see, varied machines for varied uses eh! Must say your using an electric scooter for nipping out does sound like a good idea when you think about how frequently the car is used for short local trips especially so when local traffic only runs at a near snails pace, interesting thought that! Enjoy the Beemer, I recently wondered how much longer my riding career would continue and considered a Beemer but went in another direction with a GSX-R1000 K7 IOM TT, WHAT A THRILL! Just hope that the bike doesnt finish me off, it would be all too easy if my “attention to roadcraft detail” hadn’t increased in line with the GSX-R1000’s performance over that of what I’m used to, my other machine, my 1999 GSX-R600.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

What’s the electric scooter Matt? Are they common in Belgium?

Radar

Quite a selection. Email the pics and I will post them for you

matt splat
    Participant

Photos are flying through the ether now mate.

Radar

The Matt Splatt Fleet

CBR1000.jpg
    The CBR1000 destined for Mongolia

fotos004_640x428.jpg
    The GSXR enjoying a comfortable retirement

CRIM0013.jpg
    The Electric Scooter

BadMonkey.jpg
    Bad Monkey

CRIM0030.jpg
    The BMW, looks like it should be at the head of a column of panzers

CRIM0001_640x480.jpg
    Honda CBX750

CRIM0007.jpg
    Puddle hopper

matt splat
    Participant

Thanks Radar, I can plan the logistical complexities of getting to Mongolia, but I couldnt post my pics!!!

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by matt splat

Thanks Radar, I can plan the logistical complexities of getting to Mongolia, but I couldnt post my pics!!!

No worries!

matt splat
    Participant

The Panza let me down yesterday……twice. And its going to today as well.

I go off for my Sunday mental cobweb cleaning blast. The bike seemed a little slow to turn over.
    I Stop at a cafe along the way for a coffee, 10 minutes later, I hit the start button, dunk dunk dunk from a weak battery. Bmw assist come out to the bike, It starts first time!! He said it was the compression build up. No it isnt, its a weak battery, its a know problem.

He lets me go on my way, I ride 30 or so miles home. Take a dvd back to the shop. Same thing happens.

So this time I wait 10 minutes then try the bike again, weak, but it started.

Its going to do the same today, im going to be calling BMW till they give me a new battery!

Radar

Keep at them, they will crumble. Tell them you know Ewan…

matt splat
    Participant

I do, its just not a Mcgregor.

The Panza went in the shop yesterday, I can pick it up again this morning.

99% sure they just chucked in a new battery in!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Any chance they might sponsor you to keep quiet about the reliability?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.