Knee down convictions!

Home Forums Pure Petrolhead Speed cameras Knee down convictions!

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

Because it isn’t across the board!!!!!! A rule for us but not for no one else!!!!!

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

rocketRichy
    Participant

1) CBT’s being changed to only lasting 2 years, followed by a a 1 year ban if you haven’t taken a full etst by the end of the CBT. Thus depriving new riders of additional riding experience.

2) Restrictions to engine size dependant on age NOT ability. A restriction that ONLY applies to bikes and not to any other form of transport.

3) Exhaust note. How on earth does the sound from an exhaust affect safety? Also why does this affect your insurance and license?

4) Numerous restrictions upon vehicle customisation, including but not limited to, Q plates, offensive paintjobs (???), exhaust emissions, size/design/layout of registration plates, etc etc

5) Tinted visors, anyone who’s ever ridden into or out of the sun knows how useful visor tints are.

Maybe you’re right about the CBT..never took one so i dont know but surely the CBT is a passport to gaining a full licence..same as a provisional licence is/was. If you havent got a full licence by then then why havent you ? Its a mechanism to force people to take their test i guess…and as taking their test is a level of comptencey (your words) then isnt that a good thing ?

I for one wouldnt want my 17 year old son riding a large capacity motorcycle. I had a ped when i was 16 and fell off it more times than I care to remember..if id been on a CB900 id be dead. How much road craft would a youngster have ? I presume that why its done on age . Anyway..isnt that age-ist ? not anti bike ?

So you dont ride with a tinted visor and you havent got a noisy can and you havent got a small number plate ? If you do do these things then the law isnt really having any affect then is it ?

Just get on with it and stop with all the conspiracy theories.

“he passed me that fast he was suckin rabbits out the hedges”

rocketRichy
    Participant

“Because it isn’t across the board!!!!!! A rule for us but not for no one else!!!!!”

Sooo if it was applied to car drivers too it would be ok….even though our rights as bikers would remain unchanged..

rocketRichy
    Participant

Right..im offski for my hols now..very much enjoyed our lively debate.

Everyone take care on the roads , hope to meet up with you all

when I get back.

Keep it lit !

Richy

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by rocketRichy

“Because it isn’t across the board!!!!!! A rule for us but not for no one else!!!!!”

Sooo if it was applied to car drivers too it would be ok….even though our rights as bikers would remain unchanged..

Well if it was across the board it would not be seen as anti bike would it?

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by rocketRichy

Right..im offski for my hols now..very much enjoyed our lively debate.

Everyone take care on the roads , hope to meet up with you all

when I get back.

Keep it lit !

Richy

Lucky B@stard! Get your arse out to one of the meets at Bassetts Pole when you get back, and come on the gixer![:D]

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Stormbringer
    Participant

There is no limit on how long you can drive a car with L plates, which allows you to gain more driving experience. AS for taking longer than two years on a bike with L plates. Surely the more time a youngster spends on a smaller capacity bike the better they’ll be on a larger bike. Not to mention the time limit of two years also then makes finance an issue. Let’s face it, getting your license isn’t cheap, and if you have a limit to the amount of time you have to get the money together before you get banned for a year…As I said before this is only applicable to bikes. If the law was applied throughout the country for all vehicles then, no it would not be anti-bike. The fact that it is aimed purely at bikers makes it so though.

Been a good debate Richy, which is why I brought it to the attention of a biker forum, to encourage debate. You’re the first person I’ve mentioned it to who hasn’t disagreed with the concept, which is fine, I don’t expect everyone to agree on everything, and hearing other people’s views is what makes for a good debate. Enjoy ya holiday man.

Digger
    Participant

I live in Lancashire in a town called Skelmersdale,it`s full of roundabouts and straights and attracts bikers from all over the northwest to sample this bikers heaven.I always get my knee down and so do many of the others too.It`s hard not to as some of the roundabouts have camvers but we are in total control otherwise we would`nt do it,If it becomes law that it`s concided dangerouse driving then so be it.I`ts like all the other stupid laws that they dish out at us bikers.Don`t forget that to get one`s kneedown you have to have good tyres that get hot fairly quick or you`ll be sliding down the road.This added to riders caperbility and skill is no reason to be deemed dangerous driving.If you can`t do it, don`t.(PS,I`ll only do this on roads that I know and always do a Reccy first).

Take it easy out there

Gix
    Participant

Come down to Staffs digger….we have no trafpol, how they gonna catch sliders with no trafpol to be at the right place and time?[;)]

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Ragdoll
    Participant

In my opinion I don’t think it’s going to make much difference other than give the person concerned an “extra chance” with regard to committing an offence. I don’t think it will stop it, the same way car drivers will still speed even after the first conviction.

I think with some (car) insurance companies they do ask if you have been on a speed awareness course and to be honest, I think it’s only right. You’ve still committed the offence. If it was me, why should I get away with it just because I’ve done a course and you don’t because you chose to keep your money and took the points?

There’s a thin person inside me screaming to get out…but I can usually shut the bitch up with chocolate!

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.