Knee down convictions!

Home Forums Pure Petrolhead Speed cameras Knee down convictions!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    rocketRichy
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by gixerchic

You dont need to be breaking the speed limit to lean the bike, so being done for speeding aint an issue in all cases.
    As for not being in control, that is not an issue either, unless you have a slider in your hand and its on the road, if you lean the bike over far enough to get kneedown, but you tuck knee in, are you in less control?

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

You are missing my point..The point I was trying to make is that it doesnt matter if there is a specific law about getting your knee down . If a copper doesnt like the way you are riding he will find you something to nick you for..thise other things were just examples.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

“he passed me that fast he was suckin rabbits out the hedges”

rocketRichy
    Participant

“Richy, it is not about gaining acceptance from the police, it is about maintaining our personal freedoms in an area that becomes more and more endangered by unjust legislation everyday”.

In a biking context ?..give me 5 examples then. How has legislation restricted your enjoyment ? Speed cameras dont count..they are just enforcing a legislation that was already there.

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by rocketRichy

quote:

You dont need to be breaking the speed limit to lean the bike, so being done for speeding aint an issue in all cases.
    As for not being in control, that is not an issue either, unless you have a slider in your hand and its on the road, if you lean the bike over far enough to get kneedown, but you tuck knee in, are you in less control?

You are missing my point..The point I was trying to make is that it doesnt matter if there is a specific law about getting your knee down . If a copper doesnt like the way you are riding he will find you something to nick you for..thise other things were just examples.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

But this is what is such a bone of contention Richy, if he dont like something our tough shit, whether law or not he will find something, well the whole point is that we get the shitty end of the stick, this is just something else.

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

rocketRichy
    Participant

Well exactly Gix !!!

It dont matter what you think, its the copper who decides whether you have been naughty or not.

Sooooo getting back to the original point… dont you agree its a good idea to give you the option to attend this course than automatically have 3 points on your licence ? They havent said they are going to change the law..they have just said they want to try and educate people.

That cant be a bad thing can it ?

Or am I going mad ?

Gix
    Participant

quote:

“Richy, it is not about gaining acceptance from the police, it is about maintaining our personal freedoms in an area that becomes more and more endangered by unjust legislation everyday”.

In a biking context ?..give me 5 examples then. How has legislation restricted your enjoyment ? Speed cameras dont count..they are just enforcing a legislation that was already there.

Well without even thinking one springs to mind straight away, one they are trying to push now! Bringing the noise levels of cans down to hairdryer level! I ENJOY hearing my bike and WANT others to hear it as well, lets face it, they rarely see, if they dont hear you what chance have you got???
    Helmets – personally I would always wear a helmet, but not everyone feels the same way, it takes away choice.
    License restrictions – do new, young 17 year old cagers have these restrictions….NO.
    Some speed limits – lets face it, some of them are ridiculously low, even Bumstorm himself has admitted that, and that affects all motorised road users.
    But worst of all and also affects all road users, is the government slowly but surely are taking away our rights to judge for ourselves, decision making, and yes there will always be wrong decisions, but at the moment all that is happening is people are losing respect for the law, the government. They are still making what decisions they are allowed to, and some they are not, even you it seems.

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Well exactly Gix !!!

It dont matter what you think, its the copper who decides whether you have been naughty or not.

Sooooo getting back to the original point… dont you agree its a good idea to give you the option to attend this course than automatically have 3 points on your licence ? They havent said they are going to change the law..they have just said they want to try and educate people.

That cant be a bad thing can it ?

Or am I going mad ?

There is plenty of money to educate already Richy, to educate those who need educating – those mentioned in previous posts, but instead it goes to putting up more cameras, priorities are wrong and the education is perceived (by me anyway) as public relations, “We aint after you….we are still going to take your money but in return we will send you for some training which you will not use once the day is through, and we will ignore that prat using his phone, he’s too much bother.”

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

riff-raff
    Participant

In a way off topic Rich,but do you have to mention that you,ve attended a course when you renew insurance?

FASTER PUSSYCAT,FASTER

GOT ME SOME MORE CUBES

rocketRichy
    Participant

But you speed and you havent got any points … So arnt you getting away with it just as much as the car driver using his phone ?

Gix
    Participant

quote:

But you speed and you havent got any points … So arnt you getting away with it just as much as the car driver using his phone ?

I get away with it, and will continue to, and so will the mobile phone user, because of the lack of trafpol….we have NONE in Staffordshire and speed cameras wont catch the phone users, and when you know where they are…..[;)]

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

rocketRichy
    Participant

Well without even thinking one springs to mind straight away, one they are trying to push now! Bringing the noise levels of cans down to hairdryer level! I ENJOY hearing my bike and WANT others to hear it as well, lets face it, they rarely see, if they dont hear you what chance have you got???
    Helmets – personally I would always wear a helmet, but not everyone feels the same way, it takes away choice.
    License restrictions – do new, young 17 year old cagers have these restrictions….NO.
    Some speed limits – lets face it, some of them are ridiculously low, even Bumstorm himself has admitted that, and that affects all motorised road users.
    But worst of all and also affects all road users, is the government slowly but surely are taking away our rights to judge for ourselves, decision making, and yes there will always be wrong decisions, but at the moment all that is happening is people are losing respect for the law, the government. They are still making what decisions they are allowed to, and some they are not, even you it seems.

Well lets go though that list..

1. Super quiet exhausts…where did you hear that from ? Top Gear ?? Is there a bill being passed in parliament yet ? Nope..another scare story perpetuated by MCN to shift newspapers..like friggin compulsory airbags and crash bars a few years ago. Its as predictable as them getting ‘secret’ inside spy pictures of the lastest Triumph coming out that they manage to obtain every year for nth time in the last god knows how many years. Dont be a puppet of mass media.

2. Helmets…. only a fool would not wear a helmet. besides its law for car drivers to wear seat belts..so its halrdy picking on bikers is it ?

3. I think its right that kids dont ride full power bikes straight away. If anything this should be applied to cars too. I dont see this has being anti biker legislation…just sensible.

4. Speed restrictions..Well as you said that applies to all vehicles not just bikes so i dont see that as anti biking either.

For the record I hate all this nanny state stuff. Its my life and I’ll do what a damn well feel like doing but all this ..”oh its always us that gets picked on its not fair stuff doesnt wash with me”.

If they dont like it …f*** em, do it anyway.

And for the umpteenth time..I’ll state it ..if i get stopped again and the old bill say says here’s your choice..have another 3 points and have a ban or go on a course which might teach you something and allow you to carry on riding i’ll take the course, I wont be thinking about how i am being stripped of my personal freedom . ..I will be thinking i can still carry on riding my bike.

and that to me has got to be good

rocketRichy
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by zx10

In a way off topic Rich,but do you have to mention that you,ve attended a course when you renew insurance?

FASTER PUSSYCAT,FASTER

GOT ME SOME MORE CUBES

I dont know mate..but i very much doubt it. For insurance purposes you have to state how many convictions you have had in the past 5 years. They stay on your licence for 4 years but only count for a totting up ban for 3 years.

Gix
    Participant

quote:

I think its right that kids dont ride full power bikes straight away. If anything this should be applied to cars too. I dont see this has being anti biker legislation…just sensible.

The fact that new drivers are excempt from this kind of law is seen as anti-biker in itself. I think its sensible and should be across the board too….
    and your points about other legislation I pointed out is you asked about what could affect enjoyment for bikers, you didnt say only bikers…
    And cans…..well its common knowledge they have been pushing for it for years, they aint gonna give up easily are they?

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Stormbringer
    Participant

5 examples…easy money…

1) CBT’s being changed to only lasting 2 years, followed by a a 1 year ban if you haven’t taken a full etst by the end of the CBT. Thus depriving new riders of additional riding experience.

2) Restrictions to engine size dependant on age NOT ability. A restriction that ONLY applies to bikes and not to any other form of transport.

3) Exhaust note. How on earth does the sound from an exhaust affect safety? Also why does this affect your insurance and license?

4) Numerous restrictions upon vehicle customisation, including but not limited to, Q plates, offensive paintjobs (???), exhaust emissions, size/design/layout of registration plates, etc etc

5) Tinted visors, anyone who’s ever ridden into or out of the sun knows how useful visor tints are.

That’s five right off the top of my head, although I’m sure the fourth point alone could be stretched to dozens more examples…

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stormbringer

5 examples…easy money…

1) CBT’s being changed to only lasting 2 years, followed by a a 1 year ban if you haven’t taken a full etst by the end of the CBT. Thus depriving new riders of additional riding experience.

2) Restrictions to engine size dependant on age NOT ability. A restriction that ONLY applies to bikes and not to any other form of transport.

3) Exhaust note. How on earth does the sound from an exhaust affect safety? Also why does this affect your insurance and license?

4) Numerous restrictions upon vehicle customisation, including but not limited to, Q plates, offensive paintjobs (???), exhaust emissions, size/design/layout of registration plates, etc etc

5) Tinted visors, anyone who’s ever ridden into or out of the sun knows how useful visor tints are.

That’s five right off the top of my head, although I’m sure the fourth point alone could be stretched to dozens more examples…

See! You think quicker than me……[:o)]

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

rocketRichy
    Participant

quote:

quote:

I think its right that kids dont ride full power bikes straight away. If anything this should be applied to cars too. I dont see this has being anti biker legislation…just sensible.

The fact that new drivers are excempt from this kind of law is seen as anti-biker in itself. I think its sensible and should be across the board too….
    and your points about other legislation I pointed out is you asked about what could affect enjoyment for bikers, you didnt say only bikers…
    And cans…..well its common knowledge they have been pushing for it for years, they aint gonna give up easily are they?

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Well I said specifically ‘In a biking context’ because this whole thread was about how hard done to us bikers are ..so if it can hardly count as being targetted at bikers if everyone falls victim to it can it ? it may be wrong and it may be the nanny state..but its not anti biking.

As for 17 restictions..well you agreed it should be across the board then that appears to suggest its correct for bikers . So if its correct can it be ‘anti’ ??

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.