for god sake please be carefull everyone :(

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe for god sake please be carefull everyone :(

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    LeviathanRan
    Participant

I saw this posted on ‘another’ bike forum linking to the post in question.

https://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=31561&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I have to say the guy’s riding style was a bit out… but christ look at his injuries…[xx(]

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Ouch, nasty one

barmy_carmy
    Participant

That looks extremely painful, poor guy really feel for him!

LeviathanRan
    Participant

I think it proves 3 things

1) Kit saves your life
    2) Riding like your on a track WILL end badly
    3) Sports bike encurage racing behaviour on the roads

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by LeviathanRan

Levi that is not always true, its the mentality of the people that buy them, I know plenty a non sportsbiker that use the road as a racetrack, and many a sportsbiker that dont, sad fact is though that the t**ts are more likely to buy the latest rocket, it aint the bike that encourages the behaviour, but its the rocket the racers want to use.

LeviathanRan
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Gix

quote:

Levi that is not always true,

Not always but it’s still a fact…

Gix
    Participant

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Gix

quote:

Levi that is not always true,

Not always but it’s still a fact…

No Levi it is not a fact, what is fact is its the mentality of the person behind the bars of any bike that is responsible for encouraging racing around, they will do that on the best bike they can afford, be it a trailie, tourer/sports tourer, sportsbike whatever.
    I have not followed your link, I have seen it before (its on most suzuki forums when incident first occured cos BA is a member of most suzuki forums), the bloke was gettin his kneedown on M25 slip road at 90mph, he wasnt racing, he was on his own, he also, as far as I am aware, was not on a sportsbike….go figure.

LeviathanRan
    Participant

All I’m saying is that I think people will be more likely to act like a dickhead on a sports bike because of the ‘ideas’ that come with it, than say someone on a goldwing or less sporty or fast bike.
    Not saying that they wont speed or ride recklessly, but just seems less likely to me.

I’m NOT saying sports bikes are bad or that the people who ride them are stupid or anything like that.

Lets face it, you buy a sports machine because theyre cool, they make you look cool, theyre awesomely fast and high-tec. You dont go and buy them with the solum intention of riding it within the speed limits and being carefull. Instead you bolt around B roads at the naughty side of 100mph and spend all day going round and round a roundabout so you can ‘get your knee down’ which to me, doesn’t seem to serve any purpose at all unless on a track.

max
    Participant

i’m a dick head(stupid noooooo.lol) on my bmw rt1200.and b roads at 100mph+ thats hard to do lol[:o)]

Gix
    Participant

quote:

All I’m saying is that I think people will be more likely to act like a dickhead on a sports bike because of the ‘ideas’ that come with it, than say someone on a goldwing or less sporty or fast bike.
    Not saying that they wont speed or ride recklessly, but just seems less likely to me.

No Levi, they are dickheads to begin with, they go and buy a bike to act like dickheads on, once a dickhead always a dickhead. The bloke from the link, the original subject of this thread, was acting a knob yet was not riding a sportsbike, he was riding an SV, not even the SVs sportier version, he was riding what is known as an alrounder, you have made a statement not relevant to the subject matter with no proof to back up your “fact” and without putting any thought into your reply.

quote:

I’m NOT saying sports bikes are bad or that the people who ride them are stupid or anything like that.

No it seems you learnt your lesson from saying that last time, but your statement indirectly suggest that’s what what your implying.

quote:

Lets face it, you buy a sports machine because theyre cool, they make you look cool, theyre awesomely fast and high-tec.

I bought mine cos its the pinnicle of technology (thats what most peeps buy them for, cos they do what they say on the tin so to speak), it dont look particularly cool, it dont make me look cool, if I wanted to look cool I would cruise around in shades making sure everyone sees me. I call it the shellsuit on wheels, most people who have sense to begin with buy the bike that suits them and their riding style, idiots buy them to act the idiot on.

quote:

You dont go and buy them with the solum intention of riding it within the speed limits and being carefull.

I am careful, most are (with exception of max hehehe, who incidently doesnt ride a sportsbike) non of us wants an early grave, but just about everyone breaks the speed limits when its safe to do so, when you get your test passed and are on the road, come back and tell us you have never and will never break the speed limit.

quote:

Instead you bolt around B roads at the naughty side of 100mph and spend all day going round and round a roundabout so you can ‘get your knee down’ which to me, doesn’t seem to serve any purpose at all unless on a track.

No it has no use on the road at all, well, it does give you a gauge as to how far you are from tyres limits, but rarely will you need it on the road, but it does build confidence in bike, tyres and importantly, yourself.

LeviathanRan
    Participant

I still think sports bikes encurage nuttyness.

And if it is all down to mentality then I hardly think getting a sports bike will help the matter would it?

max
    Participant

Instead you bolt around B roads at the naughty side of 100mph+.

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ON A (B) ROAD, 100MPH+ YOU MUST B JOKING AND NOT MANY HAVE. AND I GOT MY (SUPER SPORT) ZX12 BECAUSE I LIKE TO RIDE FAST AND HAVE THE BEST BIKE OUT THERE. YES I’M A NOB HEAD AND PROUD OF IT. IT COST ME A LOT OF MONEY TO GET THE COOLEST BIKE ON THE MARKET, SO WHEN YOU DO EVENTUALLY PASS YOUR TEST YOU CAN JOIN THE NOB HEAD CLUB AND BE COOL.LOL[:D]

LeviathanRan
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by max

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ON A (B) ROAD, 100MPH+ YOU MUST B JOKING AND NOT MANY HAVE. AND I GOT MY (SUPER SPORT) ZX12 BECAUSE I LIKE TO RIDE FAST AND HAVE THE BEST BIKE OUT THERE. YES I’M A NOB HEAD AND PROUD OF IT. IT COST ME A LOT OF MONEY TO GET THE COOLEST BIKE ON THE MARKET, SO WHEN YOU DO EVENTUALLY PASS YOUR TEST YOU CAN JOIN THE NOB HEAD CLUB AND BE COOL.LOL[:D]

Here’s my living f**kin’ proof lol [:D]

Exibit A) Max!
    Exibit B) Max’s ZXR [:p]

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by max

TO GET THE COOLEST BIKE ON THE MARKET,

When you gonna buy a gixxer then?[:o)]
    Seriously tho, the ZX12R is classed as sports tourer aint it?

LeviathanRan
    Participant

Technically yes it is, most of the 1100+ ‘sports’ bikes are put into that devision these days.
    Such as the Blackbird, Hayabusa, ZX1200 and ZZR1400 to my understanding, could be wrong though?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.