Exhausting!

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Exhausting!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    poohchick
    Participant

As most of you know, I have an SV650, but this year I’m looking at getting a twin exhaust put on it, any ideas on how to go about it and roughly how much it would cost? Also any ideas on how to do it relatively cheap without cutting corners and quality?

Cheers Love you all [:D][:p]

sid
    Participant

its usually quite expensive to get a different exhaust set up ie: yours is 4 into 1 if you want 4 into 2 you should see if the sv1000 exhaust componants are compatible with yours i was quoted over £800 to have someone make up an exhaust i’ve modified myself for about £100 but mines a one off
    it might be possible to adapt your current exhaust to twins but without looking at it i wouldnt know
    always try to get a stainless or titanium set up so it doesnt suffer from the weather so much

Gix
    Participant

An SV650 isn’t a four its a V twin

sid
    Participant

i didnt say it was but some of the componants might be compatible my exhaust has parts from four different bikes and i still need another piece to complete it
    and i think you’ll find the sv650 and the sv1000 are both V twins

newk
    Participant

an xs750 is a triple

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by sid

and i think you’ll find the sv650 and the sv1000 are both V twins

yeah I know, did say 650 was to start with.

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by sid

i didnt say it was but some of the componants might be compatible

Oh! Sorry thought you did.[:0][:o)]

quote:

Originally posted by sid

its usually quite expensive to get a different exhaust set up ie: yours is 4 into 1 if you want 4 into 2 you should see if the sv1000 exhaust componants are compatible with yours

Digger
    Participant

Sid,Gix`s got ya there mate.lol.

Gix
    Participant

LOL I think its just cos sid missed out a bit of punctuation.[;)]

sid
    Participant

i give up every f**king time i try to offer a bit of advice i get shotn down in flames for tryint to be helpful so from now on f**k it i’ll stick to posting jokes if i can be bothered to even do that

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by sid

i give up every f**king time i try to offer a bit of advice i get shotn down in flames for tryint to be helpful so from now on f**k it i’ll stick to posting jokes if i can be bothered to even do that

Sorry sid that was not my intention, did genuinly think you were saying sv was a four, was just pointing out that it wasnt is all.[V]

barmy_carmy
    Participant

PC we had a complete Predator Sports Exhaust system made in Stainless Steel for just under £500 and is guaranteed for 10yrs, They make exhaust systems for all types of bikes[;)] In case yer interested here is the link:-
    https://www.predatormotorsport.co.uk
    They usually come road legal but have removable baffles if required, personally have kept ours road legal, but still has a throaty growl[:p]

The Beast
    Participant

Tell me to bollox if ya like, but can i make suggestion?
    Gix: Stop criticizing (pull me to bits over typo)
    Sid: Chill man!!
    BC: Cool calm and collected!

Should i get my coat?

Gix
    Participant

I wasnt critisising I was poinnting out a fact, poohchick would have looked a right twonk going and asking a mechanic or fabricator to make her a four into one for a V twin. And since when do I do as I am told anyway? [:o)] And as I dont do as I am told, I wont pull you to bits over your typos![:o)]

GSX Rat
    Participant

cut the 2 pipes off before they hit the collector box, point one out one side and the other out tother side. You aint gonna get much cheaper than this.

BTW – £500 for an exhaust is well pricy, figure out what you want in an exhaust, shapes length etc, ring up some stainless supply company and buy the pieces of pipe (you’ll probably get these as offcuts), bends etc – you’ll get them for about £50-£100 all in (without discount!), and either get a mate who can weld, or a local engineering company to tig it all together for you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.