D9001

Home Forums Members’ bikes D9001

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    imperialdata
    Keymaster

Instant disclaimer. I know caravans do not have engines. Phew, beat you all to it!!

Scouser
    Participant

Great idea ID. Radar is truely the Oracle of knowledge for anything that uses fuel and can move. He could become the Clare Raynor of the forum…I’ll start one off..

Dear Radar,
    why did the Messchersmits have to use turbo-chargers when the Spitfire didn’t? And which one was faster around the twisties? Scouser of Leicester.

Be seen and be Safe!

GSF K1
    Participant

Scouser.

Actually both ME109’s and Spitfire/Hurricane Merlin engines used superchargers. The German one was a very complicated setup which offered variable compression, and was very tempermental.
    Without supercharging the fuel/air mix, the engines were sod-all good at altitude.. this was the initial problem with the Mustang till they loaded it with the Merlin.

To “ERR” is natural.. to really fowl things up needs a politician!!

delticman
    Participant

Wow ID!!
    I have a question to ask re you obtaining Mr Hills’ Super Yob guitar….
    I am pretty sure we have never met, but would I be right in thinking your first name may start with ‘M’, and that you once played in a group that had several hits in the 80’s? If not, did you buy the yobbish guitar from that man, perhaps?

As for this colour, the reason I prefer to use it is because it is my fave. However, if anyone is able to add say, a nice lighter shade such as lilac, I’d gladly use that!

Just got home from seeing Magnum at Wolverhampton last night, my second fave band did a great gig, as ever!

And now, as it’s Saturday night, I’m off out to the drinking dens of Ashington, yippeee!!!

BLOOP!!! BLOOP!!! BLOOP!!!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Delticman – My name starts with Dave and I bought the guitar from a shop! And I once played in a group that boasted a party in a friend’s garage as their biggest gig. Sorry to disappoint, you girls can all have your knickers back now…..

Radar

Imperial Rockstar???

Donate – Or Imperial Data will have you sorted!

speedy claire
    Participant

nah…….. you keep em, i`ve plenty lol

Don`t ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

delticman
    Participant

ID
    Thanx for that info. I guess that the person who bought Super Yob from Dave Hill must have eventually sold it on to the shop that you bought it from? His name was Marco, and was the guitarist in Adam and the Ants.

Hope the garage gig went well!!

BLOOP!!! BLOOP!!! BLOOP!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.