D9001

Home Forums Members’ bikes D9001

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Good update on the GS500. Perhaps a Bandit next?

Donate – Or Imperial Data will have you sorted!

Scouser
    Participant

Welome Delticman, nice bike.

Be seen and be Safe!

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by speedy claire

Originally posted by gixerchic

Nice bike, that blue door could perhaps do with a fresh bit of paint though, red would look nice………..[:D]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, Vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, what a ride!

I thought perhaps black……. to match his front door!!

Don`t ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Well, thought the black door may offset a nice bit of colour…..[;)]

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, Vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, what a ride!

suck_animated.gif

delticman
    Participant

Thanx for all of your comments, questions etc. Soz it’s taken a while to reply to em, that’s coz I been away on an overnighter at work (lodge at Aberdeen, or Inverness several times each month).
    Anyway, here goes, in no particular order…….

The black door is a fairly new un, and leads into my kitchen. The old blue door is a coal hole, which once lead into an indoor coalhouse. The bricks near the bin are to fill in the coal hole, once I get around to removing that old door, hence why it hasn’t been painted to match the back door! Inside, next to the coalhouse was a pantry. As I have gas now, I knocked down the walls of the pantry and coalhouse (that’s where the pile of bricks came from!!),and that makes a very conveniant space in my kitchen where my bike is kept (a lot safer than leaving it outside!!).

I like the update on the GS500, one of the reasons I bought it. Also, as I keep it in the kitchen, I think a Bandit may be a bit too large for the space I have available?

I remember the last journeys of the Deltics too, worked on em quite a lot. Now I drive GNER electrics, and HST’s through Welham Green, to Kings Cross, or up into Scotland, from Newcastle. (The Deltic that was at Nene Valley is now up at Barrow Hill, near Chesterfield. It is doing a Kings Cross to Edinburgh run next Saturday, the 23rd of April-don’t know what time though).

Yes Digger, I go to laoadsa gigs, whenever I can. I’ll be at Skegness Butlins tomorrow, at the MCN bash (Sat 16th April), for Slade, my all time faves. If any of ya’s will be there, I’ll be the guy with the white Slade shirt on, and the big camera!
    Next gig after that is Magnum, at Wolverhampton, next Friday, the 22nd April.

The notice in my kitchen window says ‘No Parking-24 hour access required’. That is coz I work shifts, and sometimes ppl visiting neighbours end up parking outside MY house and blocking my bike in (mind you, that is a BRILL excuse for being late for work, lol!!).
    Finally, for now, I’d like to say a massive THANXALOT for the mega welcome, from you all!!

BLOOP!!! BLOOP!!! BLOOP!!!

prezzo
    Participant

Hi deltic man and welcome to the mad house Nice pic of your bike had a go of 1 at my mates rideing school very agile and comfortable i noticed the square tyres is that incase the side stand breaks ? (just havin a laugh)

Paul

Dont forget to Donate !!!

Radar

I ve got “Lock up Your Daughters” on 7″ vinyl. Never seen Slade live, bet they are a right laugh.

delticman
    Participant

Hey Radar
    Hey Radar
    You said that twice!!!
    You said that twice!!!
    Or should I blame my double vision on the beer???
    Or should i blame my double vision on the beer???

Slade are (STILL) an excellent band to see live, even though Noddy Holder packed it all in 14 years ago! They still rock, and are worth going to see!

Not gonna type that last paragraph another time, am too pizzzed!

Radar

He leads the band now then? I heard something about two bands touring under this name now. Is that true??

prezzo
    Participant

hello delticman welcome to the forum, this is crowey on prezzos pc, nice nets man, that is alot of power but the engine alone wheighs 120 tonnes, i work on on the railway as a signal tester but train spotters like yourself are indeed a strange breed

Paul

Talk is cheap

Dont forget to Donate !!!

delticman
    Participant

Since Noddy gave up, the singer is Steve Whalley. The thing I like most about Steve is that he does NOT try to sing like Nod did, but rather does it all in his own way, so to me, that brings on another dimension to the greatness that is/was/will always be Slade. He is also a very nice bloke, and will have a chat with you, about anything you care to want to chat about, at any time.

delticman
    Participant

I am a railway enthusiast, NOT a train spotter! However, as I drive trains for a living (it pays for my beer, and petrol!!!), I can, and must admit to being a train spotter spotter!!! (see loads of em when I at work!).

speedy claire
    Participant

Hey any chance of a free train ride to Aberdeen or Inverness?? my boyfriend lives roughly half way between the two……. I`ll make the sarnies!!

Don`t ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Delticman do me a favour please…..Can you write in a different colour, I got a job to read it the colour your using, it hurts my eyes trying to read it, Please very nicely!

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by delticman

Hey Radar
    Hey Radar
    You said that twice!!!
    You said that twice!!!
    Or should I blame my double vision on the beer???
    Or should i blame my double vision on the beer???

Slade are (STILL) an excellent band to see live, even though Noddy Holder packed it all in 14 years ago! They still rock, and are worth going to see!

Ah but he managed to post it twice WITHOUT any spelling mistakes…..[:p]

suck_animated.gif

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Hey, here’s an Anorak fact. I used to own one of the guitars Dave Hill (Slade’s guitarist) owned. It was called Super Yob and before you all ask, no I didn’t have the ‘pudding basin mullet’ he sported in the 70’s.

If we’re talking train spotters, Radar is a Train, Plane, Bike, Car, Boat, Caravan spotter extraordinaire!! I am thinking of a new section on the site, “Ask Radar”. I have honestly never met anyone with more information on anything with an engine in it than him. Here’s to you Radar. Zzzzzziiiiiiiiiippppppppp!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.