D9001

Home Forums Members’ bikes D9001

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    delticman
    Participant

Hi.
    Just popped in to introduce my bike.
    From the subject title, some (or all?) of you may be wondering what D9001 is all about? Well, it is the number of my favourite diesel locomotive-A Deltic. 3,300bhp of pure adrenalin to drive, but sadly no longer in use on Britains railways in any regular way (D9001 was scrapped, in the early 80’s). Anyway that kinda explains what my mame on here is all about. So, now to my bike!!! At the moment, I am on a Suzuki GS500E, which I bought new last march (2004). I am well pleased with it, having done over 10k, up to now, without trouble. Only ‘complaint’ I have is, the paintwork (enamelling??) on the exhaust pipes is rusted to ferk, and that was BEFORE winter riding to/from work came about! Same thing happened to my last bike, a Kawaski ER5. Would love to know why such things aren’t protectected fully, in relation to the crap weather we get!!
    Anyway, that’s about it, re my bike, so now a (VERY) small amount about me….
    I was born at a very early age, have lived my live thus far, and intend to live a lot longer yet!

BLOOP!!! BLOOP!!! BLOOP!!!

Gix
    Participant

Hiya delticman. Welcome in matey, we are all very friendly here, maybe a little unhinged but friendly just the same…..[;)][:o)]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, Vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, what a ride!

suck_animated.gif

Gix
    Participant

got any pics of your bike?[?]

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, Vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, what a ride!

suck_animated.gif

Radar

Welcome D man

Donate – Or Imperial Data will have you sorted!

Digger
    Participant

hello delticman,I was sane once then my brother introduced me to this forum,now I`ve lost it completly….have fun.

Take it easy out there

speedy claire
    Participant

Got any pics of the D9001??

Don`t ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

delticman
    Participant

This is my bike. ^^^^
    And for those of you who don’t know what a Deltic is, here is a foto of one below (not D9001 tho, lol!).

BLOOP!!! BLOOP!!! BLOOP!!!

Digger
    Participant

nice bike and quite a big engine too….

Take it easy out there

speedy claire
    Participant

Are those bricks stored behind your dustbin?? what do you use em for??nice pic btw

Gix
    Participant

Nice bike, that blue door could perhaps do with a fresh bit of paint though, red would look nice………..[:D]

suck_animated.gif

Digger
    Participant

Does that piece of paper in the window say No Canvessers….

Take it easy out there

speedy claire
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by gixerchic

Nice bike, that blue door could perhaps do with a fresh bit of paint though, red would look nice………..[:D]

I thought perhaps black……. to match his front door!!
    suck_animated.gif

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Like the bike Deltic!

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

Digger
    Participant

Brill web site delticman,some great photo`s,I take it you go to a lot of concerts then?

Take it easy out there

GSF K1
    Participant

Hey delticman… we used to have a bin like that when I was a kid… I also remember the last Deltic journey in the early 80’s, we went out to watch it run through Welham Green (near Hatfield).. I think theres one at the Nene Valley preserve railway.

Ohh… and nice little machine, looks like a baby Bandit in some ways.

To “ERR” is natural.. to really fowl things up needs a politician!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.