Bandit 12 Turbo

Home Forums Members’ bikes Bandit 12 Turbo

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    lucky rookie
    Participant

PICT0272.jpg

lucky rookie
    Participant

Hello all
    well had a pretty good day today and been able to do final mock up of where the turbo is going to sit
    as you can probably notice by the full bike picture there is a clash condition between the front wheel and the compressor housing
    the housing will be rotated clock wise by around 60° this will eliminate problem
    the header pipes will be removed for final weld tomorrow
    im excited about the project again as standing back and looking at it (i forgot how awesome its going to look when finished) i hope the pictures are good enough for everyone to get an idea of how its going to look i wanted you guys to see it before anyone else
    if anyone spots anything that may cause me trouble just give me a shout as i might of missed something

BigBen
    Participant

Looking good LR, i was just about to mention the clearance problem.
    have you ever seen the bandits etc with the turbo being housed under the seat? eliminates the problem and keeps you toasty warm :)
    its looking very much like youre going to meet your target *thumbs up*

slim
    Participant

Looking really good mate, great quality work there

i see what you mean about rotating the compresser to gain clearance but i do think you may still have an issue there as it seem the pipes stick out a little more than stock which can be mighty close to touching up on the guard anyway during full compression, the oil cooler could also be a problem depending on what you use & how you mount it

Dont want to but a downer on it at all mate just would rather say now on the off chance some of this hadn’t occured to you

lucky rookie
    Participant

hi slim
    i think i may have to pull the pipes in a little at the top and i will have to trim the mudguard back a bit the new pipes are the same distance from the engine as was my old race system was
    ive pulled the forks down with a ratchet strap and it seems ok
    im more worried about getting all the fuel pump regulators blow off valve and all the other stuff in thanks for the heads up though
    ill keep you posted

lucky

slim
    Participant

Hi lucky
    no worries mate i guessed you would have planned ahead with this stuff but just thought it worth mentioning

looking forward to seeing it progress

lucky rookie
    Participant

Thanks
    hopefully i will have some more pictures after the weekend i wont have many as ive got to go to a christening on sunday :(

lucky rookie
    Participant

today i will mostly be pulling apart my headers and re designing them as i had a few issues which were bothering me
    1. the turbo was a t such a height that oil drainage would be risky and may need a scavenge pump
    2. with the forks fully compressed there could of been a tyre turbo clash which would be a problem
    my fav design is all the pipes are inline rather than middle 2 cylinders forward of the outer cylinders pipes this will bring the turbo tighter into the frame and will allow me to raise the turbo up about 30mm which will help drainage

this will also give me space for a remote waste gate ……which will be nice :-)

lucky

lucky rookie
    Participant

gsxrsander008.jpg

lucky rookie
    Participant

this is what i have in mind

Radar

Interesting updates as ever LR…look forward to seeing the finished article

lucky rookie
    Participant

Image117.jpg
    As you can see this is my second attempt at my turbo headers ive used this type as there are a meant to be a few advantages but i will let you know if it will make any difference
    as said before the biggest benefit is the turbo is higher and further back into the frame which will help
    there will be another pipe welded into the no1 exhaust this will be for the external waste gate that will be fitted

picture of type of waste gate to follow

lucky rookie
    Participant

35-38mm_Purple.jpg
    Waste gate will be from demon motorsports

lucky rookie
    Participant

wastegatelocation.jpg
    Just to give you an idea of location of waste gate to the rest of the bike …..sorry about the terrible picture but i only had power point to do it in

katana
    Participant

I’m loving this project keep the updates coming

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.