Bandit 12 Turbo

Home Forums Members’ bikes Bandit 12 Turbo

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    slim
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by lucky rookie

new headlights came today as i am going for the classic street fighter look i thought the dominator twin lights would be the right choice
    Lucky

Aaaaagh Nooooooooooooooooooooo !

Imo thats the cheap cant be arsed look & one of my pet hates, the real original classy look will always be 4 & 1/2 bates on a nice ally bracket

The rest of the build looks good though & i can see you are going to have hours of fun setting up that lockup [:D]

lucky rookie
    Participant

i making an ally bracket and these are to fill the gap for now they were real cheap ive got to cut costs a bit im trying to keep as much money for the engine lol

BigBen
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by slim

Aaaaagh Nooooooooooooooooooooo !

Imo thats the cheap cant be arsed look & one of my pet hates.

nah twin spots are the way forward. a bike is what you want it to be

Radar

Good updates there LR.

I have added this thread to the reccommended list…you are now a star!

https://www.bikemeet.net/forums/topic/great-posts-pics-across-the-site-part-2/

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by lucky rookie

this is the dashboard ive bought PICT0247.jpg

Katana put a good little unit on his GSX750 SF, neat items these

lucky rookie
    Participant

well this is what you get from Suzuki for £170 it doesn’t look much but I figure if I am going to rebuild the engine using genuine parts is got to be the way forward I have worked out my compression ratio and I can run standard compression 9.5:1 at between 7-10 psi boost but will have to use super unleaded, as super is only about 6p a litre more than normal unleaded its not going to be too bad

LuckyImage077.jpg

BigBen
    Participant

you got your turbo pistons bought yet?

lucky rookie
    Participant

hi benji at the boost im running at the moment standard pistons will be ok you really only have to have forged flat tops when you are going for big boost 15 psi or more or if you intend having the throttle wide open for long periods of time i know of people getting 20000 miles from a turbo on a stock engine no probs
    if you run an intercooler like i intend to its even less of a problem

lucky

BigBen
    Participant

okays…aslong as enough homework has been done..dont want it shredding a piston. itll probably end up ripping your whole engine apart, in which case itd be a waste of time like mines turning out to be.
    quick question..how big are your pistons in mm?
    cheers

imperialdata
    Keymaster

What did you get for the £170 Lucky? Looks like a bag of gaskets to me.

lucky rookie
    Participant

every single gasket, oring, seal, copper washer, its a complete gasket set last time i bought one it was for an fzr 1000 exup and i still have parts of it left lol
    if i never bought the whole set i would of needed the only one i didnt buy

lucky

lucky rookie
    Participant

headlight bracket made just will need a good polish scrap ally and a bit of machining works wonders lol

lucky
    Image081.jpg

BigBen
    Participant

that looks pretty damn good! you have a milling machine then?

lucky rookie
    Participant

hi benji
    i dont have a milling machine but i have access to lathes and millers this sort of work can be done with a jigsaw and files though just being a bit flash using a miller lol my friend has made himself a miller with an old piller drill and a second hand miller base …..works well for this type of work and cost about £30.00 to make

lucky

lucky rookie
    Participant

there will be an R6 style numberplate bracket coming soon but i will do that with a jigsaw and files
    lucky

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.