’11 Ducati 1098 Streetfighter S Review

Home Forums Italian tackle ’11 Ducati 1098 Streetfighter S Review

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Got the Termis yet?

HippoDrones
    Participant

No mate. I dropped Sycamore Ducati an email the other day but have not heard back…. must chase them up again.

Radar

Seems like poor service. I ordered a new tyre for the Thundercat last week (another maxxis) and it turned within a couple of days.

HippoDrones
    Participant

Am not massively impressed at how long its taking to get sorted, not throwing blame at Sycamore Ducati just the supplier to the UK seems to be a little slow. Hopefully get sorted soon tho

HippoDrones
    Participant

Spoke to Sycamore Ducati today. They are collecting the bike, fitting the cans and setting it up on a dyno then dropping the bike back to me. I ideally wanted them to fit them once I’d done my trackday at Brands mid April but we couldn’t sort a date that suited us both so they are doing it at the beginning of April. Its taken some time to get it all sorted but am happy it is finally getting done. Really looking forward to the new cans, think the carbon will look fantastic and am sure they will sound awesome too [:D] Oh, and they are collecting the bikeand returning it for free too [;)]

Radar

Sounds like a happy ending. Post of video clip when you get the bike back so we can all share the roar!

HippoDrones
    Participant

I shall indeady, hopefully have a vid of some track action too if I can mount the gopro hero and get a decent perspective. Looking forward to seeing how I get on with the Ducati compared to the Husqvarna. I think (mainly due to ergonomics) I will be slower on this than I was on the 510 even tho this has about 100bhp more and is only about 40kg heavier as evenwith the rearsets I am struggling to keep my feet on the outside peg when cornering as it is just too low compared to the seat height!

HippoDrones
    Participant

Got my bike back today a day early from getting the cans fitted and set up, they look fantastic and soundf awesome too, think I’ll need to fit the baffles for my trackday at Brands on the 12th tho [:D]

1d5a2892.jpg

3754f118.jpg

HippoDrones
    Participant

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfN6MyXKtZc&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Radar

Looks sexy, sounds cool!

ses310

Is this how the Streetfighter should look now?

Pete247Audi.jpg

Radar

EXCELLENT!!!

HippoDrones
    Participant

hahaha lol [:D]

Radar

I wonder how long it will be before the Audi influence starts to hit home. They have done a good job with Lamborghini

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Heh, nice one SES, that logo actually looks alright on the tank.

Still a very nice looking bike Pete, is it floating your boat a bit more these days?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.