Who has served.

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Who has served.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    GSF K1
    Participant

Didnt anyone ever tell you… NEVER VOLUNTEER!

Born2BMild
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Pete247

quote:

Originally posted by Born2BMildDo they still call your lot Bombers, or has that changed since the 70s.

Yup, still called bombers. I leave them soon tho, off to a much worse place…. Hunter Killers, SSNs, hot bunking, hardly any showers and longer away from home. And I volunteered! doh!!! lol

lol. Should try the diesel/electric boats, P and Super O class. Slept cuddling up to a mk23 wired guided, back aft.

HippoDrones
    Participant

Those things look scary. Went down the Gosport Submarine Museam a few years back, they look pretty nasty. All one deck and tiny!

Digger
    Participant

When I was 18 I was a barman in Liverpool and served lots of drinks to people.

sid
    Participant

was it the blue oyster bar digger lol

GSF K1
    Participant

Lots of COCKtails eh???

Born2BMild
    Participant

A barman in Liverpool is definitely VC material.[:o)]

Born2BMild
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Pete247

Those things look scary. Went down the Gosport Submarine Museam a few years back, they look pretty nasty. All one deck and tiny!

The only bad thing was the seasicknss,.. oh and when the p*ssing snort mast dips when you’re asleep and having your eardrums sucked out you’re head!

HippoDrones
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Born2BMild

The only bad thing was the seasicknss,.. oh and when the p*ssing snort mast dips when you’re asleep and having your eardrums sucked out you’re head!

Thats the good thing bout the nuclear powered ones, Don’t need to PD all the time! Still even below the waves in a 16,000tonne sub I still felt a bit queesey at times.

Born2BMild
    Participant

I put in for a draft on the Polaris boats, but got Diesels instead. Wasn’t that bad though, had some good laughs (and some scares!) and we always were rationed ashore in hotels when we did courtesy visits, much to the trepidation to the locals!

HippoDrones
    Participant

that is the good thing bout the lil boats. the bombers go no-where

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.