What to do in an accident!

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe What to do in an accident!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

I’m posting this so that you could hopefully place it on any other forums, preferably car related to warn them of the danger. Now I know to some of you this will be common sense, but for those that don’t know what to do if they are involved in an accident with a motorcyclist, (or bicyclist for that matter)

PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THEIR CRASH HELMET!

This should only be done by a trained paramedic. This is because removing the lid may cause further injury to the spine or head. If the casualty is unconsious but breathing there is no need to remove it, check they remain breathing but leave the lid on.

In a situation where they have stopped breathing then the story is a bit vague. They will want to live but also will not want to be parrallised from the neck down. Assess how long before a trained paramedic will be on scene. Check their airway by opening the visor and carry out a finger scoop to pull their tounge from the back of the throat.

If this doesnt allow me to breath if I was the casualty then I’d be fine with my lid being removed. Please think hard before attempting it as the ambulance will be on the way.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
    20192927_9bfd2a6901_m.jpg

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.