Weather Today!

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Weather Today!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

Hi all, looking out the window I see a really nice day. Had a ciggie outside in just me t-shirt (and jeans lol) and felt pretty warm.

Am proper tempted to ride up to Scotland if the weather is the same through most of the country. Will have to leave soon tho as I realise once it gets dark the temp will fall off quite fast.

So weather reports from across the country please:

Traveling the M23, M25, M40, M42, M6, M73/4, M8.

Cheers all, if its good then this will well and truley run my bike in!

HippoDrones
    Participant

I’ve looked on the bbc weather website and it looks good. Just wanted a first hand report from anyone that is able.

Thanks all!

Radar

Hi Pete, weather OK in the Midlands M6/M5/M42 area. Bit cloudy, but otherwise OK. Been out on all three of mine today. Let us know if you go out mate!Enjoy your ride

HippoDrones
    Participant

Well although I’ve not had many replies, guess that will teach me to post on Sunday Lunch time lol, I think I’m gonna go for it. Will wrap up nice and snug and should get to base in time for the subsidised bar!

Gonna go pack now, but does anyone have any tips for staying warm?

Cheers all! :beer:

Radar: Will be leaving in about an hour and should take me about 7hours to get to base.

HippoDrones
    Participant

The journey up was great fun, the weather held off apart from a little dribble of rain in the Lake district. Had to stop every 100miles for fuel so had a chance for a ciggie and a leg stretch every hour/hour and a half.

Best bit is my bike is as good as run in now and is awesome!

The journey took about 1.5hrs longer than it would in the car as I had to stop for fuel/food. The only bit I didn’t like was the windblast above 90mph, even below that with a head on wind was unbarable. But I didn’t buy a bike with a fairing for this reason so can’t moan as it does slow me down a lot.

As I said the journey took longer but I didn’t notice really coz I was having so much fun. Paying for it now tho; my sholders and neck are killing me.

I wrapped up with loads of layers and was sweating at the start of the journey but was greatful once I got into the Penines[sp] as the temp dropped of quite a lot. I had to remove my balaclava as it had a seam running down the middle which after a few hundred miles decided to bury itself in my skull causing me to get a horrid mark over my head and gave me a stinking headach. My hands were all wrapped up in my Daniese Winter gloves and all my fingers remained warmish throughout so I think they were well worth the £80 I think I spent on them a few years ago.

All I can say is “Top Bananna” as I found a really great fun road to ride just outside the base: I think its the A814 but not sure, its like a rollercoaster as soon as you come over a hump in the reoad there is another and another. My front wheel hardly spent any time on the deck except to change direction! Most fun I’ve had below 60mph EVER! Beautiful views across Lock Goyle[sp] to the snow capped mountains too. Stopped at a little cafe aptly called “The Pit-Stop Cafe” had a coffie and a ciggie then headed back along the road to base.

Brill.

Thanks for the advice etc. Oh was cheaper by about £25 to get up here too in fuel than in my cage! :beer: :beer:

Radar

Blimey Pete, how many miles did you cover?

GSF K1
    Participant

Pete.. what bike did you buy (I know its probably listed somewhere)….

Born2BMild
    Participant

You off out soon, mate? If so have a good one.

Radar
    GSF K1
    Participant

Yowzer… the Speed Triple looks like huge fun.. I just never took to the headlights.

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by GSF K1

Yowzer… the Speed Triple looks like huge fun.. I just never took to the headlights.

They are integral to the “factoryfighter” look, and suit the theme of the bike very well

HippoDrones
    Participant

Yup a speed triple. its ace.

Total miles for the ride up was 475. So a few fuel stops.

I like the lights and aggressive looks of the bike but its all personal taste.

I’m just nursing a pulled muscle in my sholder from the ride up now hopefully it will be better on Friday for my return journey! Weather is looking grim tho was snowing earlier!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.