VERY GOOD QUESTION!

Home Forums Members’ bikes VERY GOOD QUESTION!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    poohchick
    Participant

Evening all!

Wonder if anyone can help? I am trying in vein to find:

a) a decent insurer
    b) a cheap insurer
    c) one that you can pay monthly

I’ve recently taken over my house on on my own and need to find a decent cheap insurer, and I’m sick of emailing 20,000 insurers and the sh**s not getting back to me or giving me ridiculous quotes! I was with Carol Nash but in my second year (as some of you may already know this!) was screwed by a massive £100.00 on renewal, I have since run out of insurance and am missing some serious biking weather, not to mention experience that I desperately need!

Please help!

WIT WOO Lets have fun!

Scouser
    Participant

Remind us what you ride, can’t find the post.

Be seen and be Safe!

poohchick
    Participant

Suzuki SV650, it’s a babe! Well I think so anyway

WIT WOO Lets have fun!

Gix
    Participant

Well I am with roadsure and they have always been cheapest for me and have always beaten any cheaper quotes…..[;)]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif

poohchick
    Participant

In that case I will most definately try em! Thanks for the tip you are indeed a star! x

WIT WOO Lets have fun! Experience is the best knowledge x

Gix
    Participant

Have sorted out a telephone number and email addy for you…
    0870 4994998
    and email is [email protected]
    If you email them, just include all yours and bikes details, and any quotes you have had upto now. They always better ones I get, but horses for courses so give them a try.[;)]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif

poohchick
    Participant

Thanx Gix, have submitted a quote, hopefully it will be a good response, again thx for the help! U R a Star! x

GSF K1
    Participant

Poochick – i use Carol Nash. cheapest quote I could get on the internet.

How do you rate the SV?? (asked this on another page, but never mind). I see loads around here, but dont know anyone who’s owned one.

Go out with a BANG… Light a fart!

poohchick
    Participant

It’s a blast for my first bike, it’s got a lotta poke for a 650 and can keep up with most big bikes, it handles like a dream, but being my first it took a bit of getting used to coz it’s all throttle an engine breakin, but I’m lovin every minute!!!!

poohchick
    Participant

Thanks guys for all your help in getting me back up and running! I have finally found a relatively decent insurer, I’m still £50 squid worse off than last year, which is strange but there you go! I was wiv carol nash last year and they wanted and extra 100 sovs this year so tis pants! I am now with Motorcycle direct who were really competative out of the 20/30 insurance companies I have called, so if anyone wants to try them, their number is 0870 755 8250, quoting number 1837! Good luck to anyone using em!

Radar

I’m insured with Bennets for the T cat 0800 056 3843 or http://www.bennetts.co.uk
    They charge me £199 comp.
    New insurer overing flexible deals that I read about in this months bike magazine;

http://www.ebikeinsurance.co.uk

If you try them, let us know how you get on.

BTW, I know 3 people who have or had SV650s. All loved them.

Donate – Or Imperial Data will have you sorted!

poohchick
    Participant

I love the SV, I’m getting to grips with it now, it was probably a bit too adventurous for only just passing my test, but what the heck, if ur gonna do it, do it fast! ha ha, I don’t think I’ll be changing for a long long while

Digger
    Participant

The SV is a very underestimated bike,for a 650 V twin it can handle really well.When I done a track day there was a SV 650 flyin round and put some of the bigger bikes to shame. I know its down to the rider aswell but the whole package was an eye opener….Enjoy the ride poochick.

Take it easy out there

poohchick
    Participant

Underestimated isn’t the word, most people don’t realise just how much poke it really has and I’ve nearly come unstuck finding out! Way Hay, but like I say, I’m getting there now and loving every minute!

Thanks Digger, will most defo enjoy x

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.