Under nine hours until …

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Under nine hours until …

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by GSXR1000

Incorrect!

There is a lot wrong with eating huge quantities of chocolate, for many reasons including the amount of calories and fat involved!
    I know, because i have seen both an NHS and also a private nutritionist during my struggles with the addiction and both told me that two small bars of chocolate every day should be considered the maximum.
    I know also because during my chocolate-free year of 2003 i had a lower fat percentage than the years before and after and my running tmes were better, too. I also felt better.
    Both nutritionists also told me of many health disadvantages associated with the intake of large quantities of chocolate.

…. and because of a condition my youngest daughter suffered as a baby/toddler I not only saw a nutritionalist, I had to study it, day in day out, night in night out. I know about toxins and how the body dispels them and it all boils down to the individual and their ability/inability to absorb/dispel nutrients/toxins etc
    But of course I already had a very good understanding of nutrition before I even thought about having children as it was an essential part of my then chosen career, although a different mammal, the principles are the same and I gained not only a good understanding of the roles of different food groups, how the body reacts to each, and to different levels, but I also gained it as part of my qualifications.

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

GSXR1000
    Participant

Regardless, the extremely high intake of calories and saturated fat, which happens when you eat masses of chocolate, is very bad for you in many many ways.
    That is simple fact.

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Regardless, the extremely high intake of calories and saturated fat, which happens when you eat masses of chocolate, is very bad for you in many many ways.
    That is simple fact.

But masses for one person is not masses for another, and it actually applies to everything that passes your lips……

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Gix
    Participant

quote:

That is simple fact.

And for information, I can happily eat on average 500g of chocolate a day, and when I could afford it I did, sometimes more, and I have remained fit and healthy because chocolate or no chocolate, my diet remains balanced, when I consume large amounts of chocolate I offset it with nutrients from other food groups, and my active metabolism aids in the expulsion of any toxins from any processed foods I may eat (yes they all contain toxins which are harmful if not expelled)

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

GSXR1000
    Participant

A low-fat diet is still better for the vast majority of people, with little saturated fat.

Chocolate is very high in that and bad for you, whichever way you look at it.

Both nutritionists told me this and they make a living at the subject, so they know what they are talking about, Gix.

That’s me done on this one anyway.

sid
    Participant

does that mean the beans on toast i’m eating needs to be offset by copious amounts of vodka to balance it out and expel the toxin’s?

stress2.jpg

life sucks get used to it

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by sid

does that mean the beans on toast i’m eating needs to be offset by copious of vodka to balance it out and expel the toxin’s?

stress2.jpg

No but if you drank guinness instead you would be one toxic fellow![:o)]

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

sid
    Participant

cant stand guiness[xx(] i’ll stick with beer and vodka

stress2.jpg

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Well I’ve only put on a few more pounds since I was 13yrs. I weigh 7stone 10lbs. And dont know the meaning of the word DIET……….Thats swearing!

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

sid
    Participant

i’ve lost nearly as much as you weigh in the last year barmy[:I]

stress2.jpg

Gix
    Participant

quote:

That is simple fact.

Forgot to point out too, only 51% of fat in most chocolate bars is saturated[:D]

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Ah but Sid, I’m only 4’11” and how tall are you Lol!

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

sid
    Participant

6’2″ in my slippers[:D]

stress2.jpg

XV16
    Participant

IMO Life is just too short…….. Enjoy it while you can.

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of The Bike Forum and its moderators.

“The normally careful and competent actions of a reasonable individual should be considered legal.”

sid
    Participant

i’m enjoying being fitter i can do a lot more than i was able to a year ago[:)]
    even thought of getting a sports bike again

stress2.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.