Top Gear

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Top Gear

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    ses310

New series BBC2 8pm tonight :)

Radar

Looking forward to it myself!

ses310

Shame the bike didnt do better ! Hammond looked in agony lol

TT07
    Participant

But………more importantly, is Michael Schumacher really The Stig?

BigBen
    Participant

MS is really an ass i know that one for sure.
    i didnt realise it was a new series, id have watched it if someone had told me earlier, hehe
    nah i was entertaining anyway ;)

GSF K1
    Participant

He couldnt possibly be the Stig, not all the time for the last how many years?? Not with all his F1 commitments.

I did read that there were actually up to 8 people who put on the Stig outfit, as they had to swap round to fit in commitments (all being racing drivers of sorts).

TT07
    Participant

And of course in the last series The Stig was representing Britain AGAINST the German drivers and presenters!?!

katana
    Participant

The original stig was Perry McCarthy

perry.jpg

Radar

He was a ‘journeyman’ racer mid 80’s to 90’s tried to qualify for a couple of F1 races with a small team (AGS?), but never made it to the grid. I think he had respectable career in sportscar and endurance racing.

GSF K1
    Participant

Till his secret got out and they killed of the 1st Stig.

What now.. kill off this one and have a “red” Stig??

Radar

I think Hammond could of done a better job of keeping up on the Vincent too. I love those things…

3508119255_ed797919c3.jpg
    The bike used in the filming in a London (?) car park

ses310

I agree, think he could of done alot better

Champs
    Participant

Schui isn’t the stig, I do believe however that he had a lot to do with the designing and testing of the FXX (FFX?), I bet Ferrari told the BBC that schui was the only man allowed to drive it.

On the current F1 performance, Ferrari need something to top a table.

TT07
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Champs

On the current F1 performance, Ferrari need something to top a table.

Yup what a turn around this season has become. Certainly no one could have predicted how the 2 mighty teams of Ferrari and McLaren could decline so much and as far as the Kers system goes why has it been proved to be non adventageous and as good as dropped so fast. Its at times like this that you have to ask the question is what we see a natural thing or are things being manipulated.

ses310

I think that normally they would have taken the FXX off the top because usually Top Gear rules say only road cars that can get over a speed hump. The Enzo that its based on has a lifting nose so it can, would’nt of thought the FXX has. So did Top Gear have to agree it could stay at the top to get the car and MS there ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.