The longest “dry spell” you’ve ever had?

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe The longest “dry spell” you’ve ever had?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    LeviathanRan
    Participant

The longest “dry spell” you’ve ever had?

What’s the longest you’ve had to go without riding any motorcycles at all?

Mine has been 4 months, and again another 3 months because I have just not had any look what so ever with my new life as a biker, non what so ever.

In fact if it wasn’t for bad luck I wouldn’t have any luck at all!

Gix
    Participant

Cant remember how long it was but it seemed years, and that was about 4 weeks or so through november and begining of december when I was ill with pneumonia, even when i did get back on bike it was just a short occasional run here and there till end of january.

LeviathanRan
    Participant

I don’t suppose you would have forgotten anything in that short time? Mind you I didn’t totally loose it all in those 3 months, all i lost was my confidence really and that only took 2 days to get back :D so yay

Gix
    Participant

Actually I am a bit dim, forgot I didnt ride whilst pregnant, twice, but then the way I bloated (I doubled my weight bar 1 lb with eldest), I would never have got my “bump” on bike cos of tank![:o)]

LeviathanRan
    Participant

So what’s that then about 9 months no riding? :S

Surely you were a little rusty and confidence knocked after that?

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by LeviathanRan

So what’s that then about 9 months no riding? :S

Surely you were a little rusty and confidence knocked after that?

Well first pregnancy was about 7 months, confidence was ok, but then I am a little tapped! It took a cager and a sideswipe to make me realise I am not immortal![:o)]

LeviathanRan
    Participant

eep :( that’s no good hun

*is watching “a bike is born” yay!!*

Radar

Since October 1982 the longest period off road has been about 3~4 months. The last 15 years or so has only seen me knock up between 1500-3000 miles per year as work and family ties has restricted things a bit.

LeviathanRan
    Participant

Still more than I’ve got… when does this start being fun and stop being a pain? :(

Radar

When you buy a Yamaha! Seriously once you get a sustained period of being on the road, things will start to caome naturally, and the fun will follow….

LeviathanRan
    Participant

if it doesn’t im coming after you for lying to me! lol

Scouser
    Participant

8 years for me when i left Liverpool, moved to Leicester, married, kids, house and all that. Next bike i got on was suzuki GSX1100F

GSF K1
    Participant

I stopped riding in 1989. Started again in 2005. You work that out!!!!!!!

barmy_carmy
    Participant

It’s been kin months for us…but hopefully not much longer….It’s a week today gonna pick up our new bike (Well new to us Lols) This time it’s a red 6 speed 750 FZX! Yaaaaaaay!

LeviathanRan
    Participant

:D yay!! 6 speed!! good luck m8!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.