The Jammy Bodgers!

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe The Jammy Bodgers!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Champs
    Participant

So after the BMF show earlier in the year, (team 14) the jammy bodgers, set about fixing the racing ‘incidents’, and working on our lack of power for the next event in september

100_1689.jpg

First step was peeling off the fairing and pulling the transmission out. Our plan was simple… power! and lots of it.

Image508.jpg
    100_1571-1.jpg
    100_1575-1.jpg

Painfully, we set about draining the tank and ended up draining almost 8 litres of unused fuel which we had been karting around the track all weekend.

Image449.jpg

Whilst changing the exhaust to our new ‘second hand’ Leo Vince race exhaust we found that one of the exhaust stubs was on its way out and had bent quite badly, lucky that it didn’t break completely during the race!

Weight saving was also a thought, so out went the electric starter, battery, wiring loom, and all dashboard electronics.

Image456.jpg
    Image446.jpg

The rollers were changed but once everything was rebuilt, we have found they are too light, and we are bouncing the engine off the limiter, so a slightly heavier weight is now on order.

And as some of you are aware, when we put the existing rollers back in, we have a major power loss at high revs. However this very evening… we have solved the problem!!!!

In true Jammy Bodgers style, Gaffa tape saves the day. The new air intake is too big for the existing setup. Reducing the intake opening seems to stop the problem.

Image509.jpg

Watch this space for further updates

Radar

Cheers Champs I will follow your efforts closely!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Cheers for the pics, 3 cheers for the man who invented Gaffa tape (Fred Gaffa?). Will there be a final paint job before the big race or will that make it too heavy?

GSF K1
    Participant

I was there, so I would have seen you on the Sunday.. was shopping on the Sat.!!! But didnt know to look out for anyone.. next time we’ll have the banners out.

Radar

Toying with the idea of a forum run to lend them some support

katana
    Participant

toying with the idea of a winter ped project to give you a little competion next year

Champs
    Participant

We have a few paint job ideas, the fairings don’t weight anymore than we can lose off our own bellys. Less pies will make us faster!

It would be great if peeps can come down for the weekend, the evening entertainment is… entertaining, to say the least! haha. We are hopefully going down on Friday. Need to remember the rain coats though! :)

Here’s the info.

https://www.bmf.co.uk/Events/pages/tail_end.php

Applications for next year are accepted at the start of November, this years grid was full by mid-december 2008. I will keep an eye on the BMF website for more details.

Here’s a bit a light reading during the interim.

https://www.bmf.co.uk/upload/documents/1223893756_moped_enduro_information_manual_2009.pdf

GSF K1
    Participant

I’m usually there on my local club stand (living in Peterborough, it helps).. I camp over as its too far to stagger after the shows (all of 800 yds !!!)

Radar

19th and 20th September. I will try and keep the diary free, anybody else up for going to support Champs?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.